Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Welcome to Glock.Pro from another North Carolinian, Tony. Packer or Tarheel? Packer myself. Wife is a Tar-Packer!

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
You know what they say about opinions Don. I like the G4 myself, but congrats on your G3 they are great guns

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Welcome to the Glock.pro forums, AGL!

The Glock 17 is a great gun... You're going to love it!

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
....and your opinion is exempt from that tired euphemism?
Nope just a opinion like all the rest. Plus I think it is worth what people pay to get it.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have in-laws in Raleigh and my Father in-law just purchased his first GLOCK as well!

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Tony;

You have bought a descendant of the original Glock (named after Gaston Glock's 17th international patent, I'm told). It's a winner, be it Gen3 or Gen4: THE standard NATO military pistol, and a standard for the rest of the industry to follow. With Gen3, you have access to a bit more experience in the field and a few more gadgets to buy for it, if you're interested in that sort of thing. It's a great pistol.

Chris

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Tony;

With Gen3, you have access to a bit more experience in the field.

Chris
What? Don't quite understand this statement.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
What? Don't quite understand this statement.
There are a lot more Gen3 than Gen4 G17s in the world, so there's more experience with them among owners and armorers (the field), that's what I meant to say. It's just not as new as the Gen4.

Chris

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
K. thnx

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Bought a Gen 3 17 last week from bass pro shop in Atlanta Ordered a laserlyte rear site from Amazon. Haven't shot it yet. Very cool to fiddle around with tho'.
Congrats on the new 17. And welcome to Glock.Pro.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.