Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,124 Posts
Hi... Newb from Aus here...

Have stock 17a. Have Recoil spring, guiderod, connector, striker spring etc coming...

Welcome to Glock.Pro and G'Day! Bloody Nora.... how difficult is it to own a Glock in AUS?

· Registered
3,124 Posts
Cheers. The fact there's a huge glock community with a couple of big forums and many dedicated glock online stores is what swayed me to glock ownership for my first gun.

There's a huge contingent of anti-glock types at my range calling us skirts for using Tupperware...
I'm slightly familiar with the laws/restrictions on you regarding ownership in Australia. Please consider posting some information for the "group" as I think the group would be fascinated with the restrictions you are required to put up with.

· Registered
3,124 Posts
Are there restrictions on where you keep your pistol? What about storing ammo? Can you keep a loaded gun in your home? What about transporting your gun in your car? Can you carry your weapon in public? Those sorts of things....

Where I live, we have a one time 72 hour waiting period, after that, I can buy a handgun on the spot at many stores. It is quite legal to "open carry", that is I can wear my G17 in a holster and as long as it is not loaded, I am free to go about my business, shopping or eating in a restaurant etc, with ammo in magazines in my pocket. With a "concealed carry permit" we are able to, as it implies, carry a loaded concealed gun on our person, or in a hand bag or bum
bag.

I've heard that it is quite different for you? Is that true? How so?

· Registered
3,124 Posts
Thanks for the information Argento... That actually sounds less restrictive than I thought it was.

· Registered
3,124 Posts
My wife is an Aussie, a Melbourne girl. My oldest daughter has been attending Uni in Newcastle NSW and is waiting to hear on offers from Queensland and Sydney Uni for Pharmacy school. My youngest daughter starts Uni at Newie next month, so we spend a fair amount of time there and entertain a fair few Aussie here.

When we have guests over from Aus, I always take them out shooting as it's a very different experience for them.... Just a 10 minute drive into the desert and we have a go with all the different guns I can round up for them.

Welcome again to the forum and thanks for the updates on gun ownership in Aus...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.