Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What say you all?

I was skeptical but very open reading the article but I have to say - the marketing video Federal put together . . . completely turned me off! The rationale is we've been using military designed cartridges and now we finally have a cartridge designed for the civilian defense market? WHAT? I wonder how many 9mm HST Federal actually sells to militaries? Those countries using 9x21 because they are not allowed to own any round used by the military, might have a thought or two on Federal's argument. End of rant.

·
Super Moderator
6,991 Posts
I don't get it... Ammo is hard enough to get now, so add another new caliber?

I wonder if it's proprietary to Federal?

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
How does this stand up next to .38 Super ?

I have a couple of pistols in .38 Super and reload for them.

Capacity is the thing now and I get that, but, like jb says, is now, really the time for a new one ?

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s
347 ft lbs
1250fps
.312” projectile

HST expands to .530” w/ 14.5” penetration

How does this match up to .38 super?

Smaller than a .380 in diameter with more speed/penetration. Length looks as long as a .45 in the video but I haven’t found an exact size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
IDK, why not manufacture .30 cal. hollow points or simply use 9x18? We will see how the battle of the spec sheet fits in the real world in the middle of an ammo shortage.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
or simply use 9x18?
I have a pistol in that caliber also, have never shot it, but will some day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does this sound like 5.7? In that, another 'super' carry round that will make 9mm obsolete?

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Saw a 5.7 for sale for less than 600 dollars, guess they are havin a hard time selling that one, the 1000 dollars starting price was a bit much for that freak of nature anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw a 5.7 for sale for less than 600 dollars, guess they are havin a hard time selling that one, the 1000 dollars starting price was a bit much for that freak of nature anyway.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

I can’t say as I ever considered 5.7 as a replacement for any handgun round. For me it was trying to get a manageable rifle round into small guns. I’d like to shoot it more but ammo was expensive before the shortage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts