Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What say you all?

I was skeptical but very open reading the article but I have to say - the marketing video Federal put together . . . completely turned me off! The rationale is we've been using military designed cartridges and now we finally have a cartridge designed for the civilian defense market? WHAT? I wonder how many 9mm HST Federal actually sells to militaries? Those countries using 9x21 because they are not allowed to own any round used by the military, might have a thought or two on Federal's argument. End of rant.

·
Administrator
7,038 Posts
I don't get it... Ammo is hard enough to get now, so add another new caliber?

I wonder if it's proprietary to Federal?

·
Administrator
6,582 Posts
How does this stand up next to .38 Super ?

I have a couple of pistols in .38 Super and reload for them.

Capacity is the thing now and I get that, but, like jb says, is now, really the time for a new one ?

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s
347 ft lbs
1250fps
.312” projectile

HST expands to .530” w/ 14.5” penetration

How does this match up to .38 super?

Smaller than a .380 in diameter with more speed/penetration. Length looks as long as a .45 in the video but I haven’t found an exact size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,582 Posts
or simply use 9x18?
I have a pistol in that caliber also, have never shot it, but will some day.

·
Administrator
6,582 Posts
Saw a 5.7 for sale for less than 600 dollars, guess they are havin a hard time selling that one, the 1000 dollars starting price was a bit much for that freak of nature anyway.

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw a 5.7 for sale for less than 600 dollars, guess they are havin a hard time selling that one, the 1000 dollars starting price was a bit much for that freak of nature anyway.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

I can’t say as I ever considered 5.7 as a replacement for any handgun round. For me it was trying to get a manageable rifle round into small guns. I’d like to shoot it more but ammo was expensive before the shortage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.