Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - looking for opinions on sights. I currently run tritium/fiber optics on my G23 and like them, but am looking for something for my G17. A lot of you suggest the Ameriglo's, but I'm looking at the Heinie Straight 8. Look like they'd be pretty fast acquisition for competition / carry. Your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts

If you have enough light to use the metal sights, I don't think there would be much difference between the Heinie Straight 8 sights and normal three dot sights.

If the situation is low light, I would think it would be hard to remember the correct vertical distance between the two dots on the Heinie sights... I think it would be easier to put the front sight dot equidistant horizontally between the two rear sight dots on a three dot night sight...

Just my thoughts... Found the sight picture for Heinie Straight 8 sights and thought it might help...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I like the 2 stacking dots OK but for consistency sake across all my pistols I like to have the same setup on them all. I use Ameriglos but chose the ProGlo with orange up front and all black on the rear. I find it fast and easy to pick up.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I like the 2 stacking dots OK but for consistency sake across all my pistols I like to have the same setup on them all. I use Ameriglos but chose the ProGlo with orange up front and all black on the rear. I find it fast and easy to pick up.
Do you use the black rear sights on your carry guns, too?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I went with similar setup but I did add yellow rear. The yellow tunes are small and the yellow is also dimmer than the front green. In the day, I can't even see the rear dots but the bright orange front sure does grab your eye. At night, the yellow just acts as a reference, but keep in mind, if you can't see what you are shooting, you shouldn't be shooting it.... :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got TFO's on my G23, but not too impressed with the mid-range visibility (day/night) Great in daylight and at night, but dusk is tough. I guess there's no perfect solutiion for that one though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.