Glock Pro Forums banner

Need some good honest opinions please!

8K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  __jb 
#1 ·
Howdy yall, gotta glock 19 and I need a new holster for her, mines a nothin butta piece poo poo! Anywho, I need a decent holster, not tryin to spend alotta cash (cuz I don't got much) and I need it for on duty carry at work (Im an officer for a hospital). Any thoughts would sure help. God Bless Ya!

#5 ·
I will also defer to the Chief if the OP needs recs for a duty holster. My area of expertise is limited to carry holsters. Duty holsters bring in a whole new set of factors for consideration including but not limited to; retention, what else are you carrying on your belt, the overall look matters, etc.

Now, if he's talking about carrying a gun but not actually "carrying for duty purposes" I'm your man. If he is carrying under the radar that is. I can help you with concealment holsters.

#12 ·
I like the Safariland 6377 (level 2), but it is an open top holster with a retention device. You can shop around and find them in the sub $50 range. If you want more retention, I suggest going with the Safariland 6360 (level 3). The 6280 (level 2) is another good option. It is the same retention level as the 6377, but it has a different type retention device. The 6360 is actually a combination of the 6377 and the 6280.

You mention that your belt is black, but is it leather or nylon? If leather, is it basketweave or plain?

#11 ·
Nylon or leather?

#18 ·
There are multiple training centers and quite a few big names that prohibit the Serpa from being used at their facilities.

I don't know of any agency that is approving the level 2 Serpa for uniform duty use (I do know of some approving the level 3).

The OP is asking about a duty holster. The Serpa level 2 is nowhere close to a duty grade holster. A duty holster and a simple carry holster are vastly different creatures.

#19 ·
There are multiple training centers and quite a few big names that prohibit the Serpa from being used at their facilities.

I don't know of any agency that is approving the level 2 Serpa for uniform duty use (I do know of some approving the level 3).

The OP is asking about a duty holster. The Serpa level 2 is nowhere close to a duty grade holster. A duty holster and a simple carry holster are vastly different creatures.
he's a hospital security officer. doubtful his choices are as strict as law enforcement.

#22 ·
+1 for the Black Hawk Serpa holsters, Thats what all the guards at my work wear and they love them. I have the sportster model which is the same thing just grey in color..Great holsters for the money

#27 ·
Not going to get into an argument over the Serpa here but all one really needs to do is look at the YouTube video that has already been posted here where three grown men are doing everything they can to get a shooters 1911 out of a Serpa and they failed. Regardless of how it happened, if the cheap button broke, stuff got in the button, etc.. the fact remains that the guy could NOT get his firearm out of the Serpa.

That alone will negate me from every purchasing a Serpa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.