Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
+1 for the Black Hawk Serpa holsters, Thats what all the guards at my work wear and they love them. I have the sportster model which is the same thing just grey in color..Great holsters for the money

+1 for the Black Hawk Serpa holsters, Thats what all the guards at my work wear and they love them. I have the sportster model which is the same thing just grey in color..Great holsters for the money
Are these guys gate sitters, or are they routinely involved in contact with people? There are many different types of security.

Yeah I don't wanna say which exact department I work for exactly, but im in the east part of Cleveland. Some of the roughest neighborhood's in the country just a couple blocks away.
Something a lot of people don't realize about working in a hospital especially in security is some of the things that you are involved in. I know where I used to work when we took someone into the ER if there were problems it was security in there to restrain them to the bed and such.

While we wanted to help and did to a extent it was looked at by our supervision as being their play ground and their game. It was more of a cover the cities butt thing really. Since the hospital's policies were different from ours. Also, they could do more with restraints than we were allowed to. In the name of medical care. Anyway, without getting into that a lot you should be very concerned about a possible gun grab situation.

That could be the worst nightmare for you and your hospital since you brought it into play meaning to or not. I would look at something triple retention as a minimum if I were you. They can still be brought out fast but they are hard for someone else to take.

Are these guys gate sitters, or are they routinely involved in contact with people? There are many different types of security.
Not gate sitters at all, after a certain time of day usually 7pm there is one that is on constant patrol of the parking lot and the building itself. Then at 8 or 9pm three others show up and one watches the door by the bar which turns into an exit only door and the other 2 are stationed at the main entrance checking purses and wanding everyone who enters. but thats only on weekends when we have all 4 guards, sunday-thursday its usually only the one that patrols the building and parking lot.

Not gate sitters at all, after a certain time of day usually 7pm there is one that is on constant patrol of the parking lot and the building itself. Then at 8 or 9pm three others show up and one watches the door by the bar which turns into an exit only door and the other 2 are stationed at the main entrance checking purses and wanding everyone who enters. but thats only on weekends when we have all 4 guards, sunday-thursday its usually only the one that patrols the building and parking lot.
I would suggest then that your people looking into something much more substantial thanthe Serpa.

Not going to get into an argument over the Serpa here but all one really needs to do is look at the YouTube video that has already been posted here where three grown men are doing everything they can to get a shooters 1911 out of a Serpa and they failed. Regardless of how it happened, if the cheap button broke, stuff got in the button, etc.. the fact remains that the guy could NOT get his firearm out of the Serpa.

That alone will negate me from every purchasing a Serpa.

Fobus holsters have a weak point at the rivots that hold the paddle to the holster body.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.