Glock Pro Forums banner

Need some good honest opinions please!

8K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  __jb 
Welp, they like the holster to match the belt. My duty belt is black. So i reckon i need a black holster. As far as retention level, they leave that up to the officer.
I like the Safariland 6377 (level 2), but it is an open top holster with a retention device. You can shop around and find them in the sub $50 range. If you want more retention, I suggest going with the Safariland 6360 (level 3). The 6280 (level 2) is another good option. It is the same retention level as the 6377, but it has a different type retention device. The 6360 is actually a combination of the 6377 and the 6280.

You mention that your belt is black, but is it leather or nylon? If leather, is it basketweave or plain?

There are multiple training centers and quite a few big names that prohibit the Serpa from being used at their facilities.

I don't know of any agency that is approving the level 2 Serpa for uniform duty use (I do know of some approving the level 3).

The OP is asking about a duty holster. The Serpa level 2 is nowhere close to a duty grade holster. A duty holster and a simple carry holster are vastly different creatures.

+1 for the Black Hawk Serpa holsters, Thats what all the guards at my work wear and they love them. I have the sportster model which is the same thing just grey in color..Great holsters for the money
Are these guys gate sitters, or are they routinely involved in contact with people? There are many different types of security.

Not gate sitters at all, after a certain time of day usually 7pm there is one that is on constant patrol of the parking lot and the building itself. Then at 8 or 9pm three others show up and one watches the door by the bar which turns into an exit only door and the other 2 are stationed at the main entrance checking purses and wanding everyone who enters. but thats only on weekends when we have all 4 guards, sunday-thursday its usually only the one that patrols the building and parking lot.
I would suggest then that your people looking into something much more substantial thanthe Serpa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.