Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just received my Talon Grips last Saturday and havent put them on my G30 yet. Do you carry your G29 CCW and do the grips snag or abraid while carrying? Cant make up my mind on installing mine.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just received my Talon Grips last Saturday and havent put them on my G30 yet. Do you carry your G29 CCW and do the grips snag or abraid while carrying? Cant make up my mind on installing mine.
funny that you mention that. i actually wore it under my shirt a few times on my property (don't have my ccw yet) in a glock oem holster, and my shirts do indeed stick to the talon grips. i've heard they "break in" after a few shooting sessions are less apt to attach to clothing, but at this point the jury's still out on whether they're good for carry. they didn't grind my side or anything, but i'm starting to think i'll probably be removing them when i get my ccw. hope not though, as they are indeed nice and grippy :)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I put skateboard tape on my cut to match the grips on the GLOCK. The side that was against my palm was goot but the other side, where my finger tips made contact, was not a good feeling. It was too rough on my sensitive fingers. :)

I took it off that side and left it on the other. So far, it's good but it does grab the shirt or cover garment.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put skateboard tape on my cut to match the grips on the GLOCK. The side that was against my palm was goot but the other side, where my finger tips made contact, was not a good feeling. It was too rough on my sensitive fingers. :)

I took it off that side and left it on the other. So far, it's good but it does grab the shirt or cover garment.
yeah, i think you'll like the feel of the talons better, although it did grab my clothes some.

i held my friend's glock with the decal skateboard tape grips, and didn't like it. the decal grips with rubber are pretty good, but they added too much thickness to my already fat g29 grips. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
beautiful !!! i`m pickin up the glock20sf this week . i like your lil setup that you have . the only thing i would add ....... and i know you guys are gonna hate it . a steel guiderod and its a wrap . lol lol.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys ,new to the forum. sorry for asking this question probably been asked a thousand times but thinking of getting a g29 and what barrels can i add to it . thanks
ask away, my friend. that's what forums are for! :)

you can get a conversion barrel for a g29 for 40cal, 357sig, 9x25dillon. also, you can get 10mm barrels extended by an inch, and also compensated to reduce muzzle flip. lone wolf distributors website seems to have the cheapest aftermarket barrels for glocks :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
don glock, thanks for the answer to my guestion yesterday, now i have one more. im thinking about the 27 mainly for ccw. then down the road because money is tight getting a g29 as i spend alot of time in the woods. here we go with the barrel changing game again but i can change to a 40cal. barrel for ccw. then in the woods go to 10mm. do you think the 29 is to big a frame to cc im 5'10 240lbs. living in florida it's mostly shorts and a t-shirt. or should i just get the 27 and save my pennys for the29? thanks

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
don glock, thanks for the answer to my guestion yesterday, now i have one more. im thinking about the 27 mainly for ccw. then down the road because money is tight getting a g29 as i spend alot of time in the woods. here we go with the barrel changing game again but i can change to a 40cal. barrel for ccw. then in the woods go to 10mm. do you think the 29 is to big a frame to cc im 5'10 240lbs. living in florida it's mostly shorts and a t-shirt. or should i just get the 27 and save my pennys for the29? thanks
you won't have an issue concealing the g29. i'm much smaller in stature and cc carry mine just fine :)

although, because you would be using the 10mm mags for the 40cal conversion, i wouldn't trust the reliability that setup affords for carry, and would simply use it for rangetime. you can use the cheap 40cal for the range, and ccw the full power 10mm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.