Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my current Ameriglo line-up.

Here's my favorite setup …

... this is the ProGlo front and the GL-405L rear. The rear is plain black with a serrated face, ledge front, and wide notch. The orange really stands out in the daylight and at night the tritium looks like a regular old night sight.

I have this setup on a Gen4 G19 and a G26. This is my new go-to setup for anything else I buy.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... but I have a couple of other different setups too.

Here's my G34. It has a red fiber optic front and a plain black rear. I can't recall the part number. It has a smooth face, slant front, and wide notch.

Lastly, I wanted to try this new set out so I put these on my primary carry gun ... a Gen3 G19 with reduced and stippled grip by Boresight Solutions. This is the new taller ProGlo front and a U-Rap rear with two tritium dots. I haven't fired these yet but they are quick to pick up during dry practice.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent seen that last set-up ( primary carry gun) in their website.
It's brand new. The regular tritium front with this rear is already available on the site but this one hasn't been added yet unless it was done within the past week or so. I had been in contact with Rick and he let me know they were in stock and ready to ship so I ordered via e-mail directly with him. Sadly, I've spent enough money with they lately they have my CC on file. :cool:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if you can tell but in one of the earlier pics the orange painted part is shaped like a square ... the entire post around the tritium vial is painted. On the newer production sights the painted part is a circle shape. I have no idea why the change. I like them both and can't really say if either is faster/better/easier to see.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Not sure if you can tell but in one of the earlier pics the orange painted part is shaped like a square ... the entire post around the tritium vial is painted. On the newer production sights the painted part is a circle shape. I have no idea why the change. I like them both and can't really say if either is faster/better/easier to see.
I think the circular style would be my preference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
kinda curious. whats the purpose behind having no markings on the rear sight?... seems like it would make finding your picture that much harder.
I personnlly find it easier to focus on the front sight with this set-up. I focus only on the front sight and rarely look at the rear sight unless im shooting at farther targets.

·
None
1,525 Posts
kinda curious. whats the purpose behind having no markings on the rear sight?... seems like it would make finding your picture that much harder.
Makes it easier for me. I'm not distracted by markings on the rear sights.

You are supposed to shoot using the sight bodies. The markings are simply of reference in low light. You shouldn't be trying to line up the dots.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Makes it easier for me. I'm not distracted by markings on the rear sights.

You are supposed to shoot using the sight bodies. The markings are simply of reference in low light. You shouldn't be trying to line up the dots.
This. It's a common mistake for people to try to line up the dots.

I focus on the front sight post relative to the rear notch. Line up the tops of both and ensure the same amount of daylight on each side of the post as viewed through the rear sight.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so its more or less a normal light condition sight system?
Not sure I follow the question. In normal light you use the sight bodies to aim. In low light you can use the tritium vials as a reference but you won't be as precise if you can't still see the sight bodies. You will still be combat accurate though, don't get me wrong. In ZERO light you don't shoot anyway. No see target, no go BANG.

·
None
1,525 Posts
so its more or less a normal light condition sight system?
With the Pro Operators, which I have on my primary carry and duty weapons, the rear sight has tritium but no outlines aorund them. During the day, I have what appears to be a plain black rear sight. During low light, I have everying thing I would see with a traditional three dot night sight.

On the other pistols, I have a night sight on the front with a plain black rear. At night, I still get the night sight on the front, and if punching out toward the target, the front sight is easily picked up.

Plus, when I go out at night I have a light on the pistol.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Just put a set of AmeriGlo Pro Operators on my Glock 17...

Can't wait to go shoot it this Friday!

·
None
1,525 Posts
Tried the sight picture on Vol's 19/4 with the ProGlo orange on the front and plain black serrated rear on the back, and I must say that I liked it very much. I will go with this setup on my future Glocks.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I shot the U-Rap rear sight (ProGlo front) for the first time today. I didn't give them a full work. I was mostly concerned with how accurate I could be close-up, how quick they were to acquire, and if I even had the rear anywhere close to where it needed to be after my quick install.

Most shots were fired from 10 yards on a NRA D-1 target. I did shoot some of the splatter bullseye targets as well.

I had to push them a tiny bit to the right to get them dialed in which is pretty std for me. Nearly every single GLOCK I own has the rear sight just slightly off center on the right side to get them to shoot POA/POI. It's prob me but so what .... it works.

I found the sights to be very fast to acquire and get good combat accurate hits. I don't shoot them with quite the same precision as my other setups but might be able to with more trigger time behind them. They are plenty good enough though for a carry gun.

I am going to stick with the ProGlo front and plain black, wide notch rear I have on my Gen4 G19 and Gen3 G26 for all new GLOCK purchases but the U-Raps are pretty cool too.

Sorry ... no pics.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Congrats on getting your new sights and getting them set up the way you like them...

Always fun to get new stuff!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.