Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My G43 has a few custom parts on it including: slide, barrel, mag release, and slide catch. I've just encountered a "dead" or "mushy" trigger. I can rack the weapon and sometimes the trigger resets, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't it's very mushy and has no wall. I examined my striker spring and it doesn't look damaged or worn enough to cause a problem. Coincidentally, another problem came up yesterday and I'm wondering if they're connected. Mid shoot, my magazine starts to drop down the mag well. Rapid fire causes an eventual stove pipe feed and the mag falls completely out. I recently put in a ghost connector and made sure it's installed right. Where do I go from here ? It also looks like the spring that sits on the barrel doesn't stay in place very well. It's stock, barrel is lighter than stock, didn't think it would be an issue. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
6,974 Posts
How long have you been shooting it with all the custom parts? Did it always function correctly with the custom parts until now?

Depending on the answers to those questions, you may want to reverse some of the custom mods and revert back to the stock parts to see if that clears up your problems.

Welcome to the Glock.pro forums...

Reactions: OldGnome

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Reinstall all stock components and ascertain that he weapon functions properly and then change out for the custom parts one at a time until you encounter the issue/s.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The 4 parts your described as custom parts (along with the trigger) are the parts most likely to fail to mesh with tolerance differences from various manufactures. As suggested take out and one at a time mix with OEM parts to find problem. This is the major reason many P80 builds go wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,
My G43 has a few custom parts on it including: slide, barrel, mag release, and slide catch. I've just encountered a "dead" or "mushy" trigger. I can rack the weapon and sometimes the trigger resets, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't it's very mushy and has no wall. I examined my striker spring and it doesn't look damaged or worn enough to cause a problem. Coincidentally, another problem came up yesterday and I'm wondering if they're connected. Mid shoot, my magazine starts to drop down the mag well. Rapid fire causes an eventual stove pipe feed and the mag falls completely out. I recently put in a ghost connector and made sure it's installed right. Where do I go from here ? It also looks like the spring that sits on the barrel doesn't stay in place very well. It's stock, barrel is lighter than stock, didn't think it would be an issue. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thank you !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've noticed that spring climbs the back of the grooves on this true precision barrel. Is it not recoiling appropriately to reset the trigger ?

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
The spring only sits in the barrel to help it get into the frame correctly. When assembled, the spring is against the frame of the gun and the guide ring at the front of the slide. The barrel just helps you get it there.

When you disassemble the slide, it catches the barrel again as it passes over the slide stop lever this commonly isn’t perfect and ends up like what you are seeing.

For a trigger to reset, the firing pin lug catches the rear of the trigger bar and pushes it forward as the slide moves forward. The connector then spring back out - at this point the gun can fire again.

If a trigger doesn’t reset, it can be caused by a number of issues. However, the most likely are probably:

1) the firing pin lug did not engage the trigger bar - if the trigger never moved forward this is likely the problem

2) the connector was unable to spring out and re-engage - this would result in the trigger moving forward but not releasing the firing pin when pulled to the rear. It would move forward on its own but nothing would happen when pulled.

The responses from the other members are 100% correct for your basic question of “where do I go from here?” When troubleshooting a Glock, always go back to OEM then work through the aftermarket parts one at a time to figure out what’s not working together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts