Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Weapons/News/2011/01/19/SHOT-Show-2011-Glock-Adds-Gen4-45-ACP.aspx

Glock will release two more Gen4 pistols in 2011, including the G21 .45 ACP and G34 9mm pistol, the company announced at SHOT Show 2011.

The two new offerings will arrive in the summer, and Glock will also release a new beaver-tail back strap to help larger-handed officers avoid slide bite. The back strap is expected to be offered as an accessory, according to a company rep at the Glock booth.
You can read the rest of the news at the above web site...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
While I like Beaver Tail back straps, I think I'll stick with my 3rd Gens for now. Kinda sucks but I just feel more confident with them.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Sounds like the beavertail thing will be an add on part. There is a company out there that is marketing an aftermarket version now.

I've never had a problem with slide bite.
From what I have read GLOCK is selling them as an aftermarket "pack" with 1-2 different backstrap sizes. I have no idea what the price will be. What I read about them is they won't be offered with an actual firearm as an option, strictly an additional part set to purchase.

I have small hands and thus have no use for these. I don't suffer from slide bite. I also am leaning more toward my Gen3s lately than the Gen4 I have.

I also read these will only be available for the full size guns ... G17/22/etc for now. Not sure when/if available for Compacts.

·
None
1,525 Posts
From what I have read GLOCK is selling them as an aftermarket "pack" with 1-2 different backstrap sizes. I have no idea what the price will be. What I read about them is they won't be offered with an actual firearm as an option, strictly an additional part set to purchase.

I have small hands and thus have no use for these. I don't suffer from slide bite. I also am leaning more toward my Gen3s lately than the Gen4 I have.

I also read these will only be available for the full size guns ... G17/22/etc for now. Not sure when/if available for Compacts.
Since they are offered by Glock itself, that would make them GSSF legal. I wonder what IDPA will rule with it being an external modification?

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Well huh. I have never understood why some people need to have a backstrap on a GLOCK. But, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest, I've never worried too much about slide bite on a Glock... I dunno... I don't think I'd get one, but it's news...

There might be somebody out there thinking "Finally they came out with an extended beavertail for Glocks..." I dunno... :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Since they are offered by Glock itself, that would make them GSSF legal. I wonder what IDPA will rule with it being an external modification?
I'm going to guess it will be IDPA legal since it'll be an original Glock part. From the IDPA rulebook for stock service pistol (SSP) division:

"2. Grips may be changed to another style or material that is
similar to factory configuration (no weighted grips; see
"weighted grips" in glossary for further details)."

I think some people will debate "factory configuration"-- does it have to come with the original gun or is an accessory kit acceptable. I'll leave that to the match directors...

To be honest, I've never worried too much about slide bite on a Glock... I dunno... I don't think I'd get one, but it's news...

There might be somebody out there thinking "Finally they came out with an extended beavertail for Glocks..." I dunno... :D
Finally they came out with one-- just kidding. My hands are small enough that the original tail keeps my hand from going too high on the grip.

Thanks for the update, jb. Going to add this thread to the gen4 group.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
At least the factory beaver tail looks a lot better than the molded tongues some people have added to their GLOCKS.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://www.downrange.tv/blog/the-glock-g21-gen-4-is-here/8249/

You might want to listen to this entire video for scoopage on something new for next year... This is the first time I've heard a Glock representative say that there will be a Glock Carbine!

If you can't sit down through the whole video, jump to the 2:50 mark for info on the Glock carbine...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.