Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Medal of Honor Recipient Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta was on the Dave Letterman show tonight!

I was concerned that Letterman would act like an ass and joke around and kid with Staff Sgt. Giunta, but he did not. Dave was more respectful than any time I have seen him in recent years. Other than Dave's monologue and the singer at the end of the show, Dave devoted the entire telecast to Staff Sgt. Giunta.

Staff Sgt. Giunta was very charismatic... He told the story of how he came to enlist in the Army... Turns out he went down to visit an Army recruiter because they offered a free t-shirt to anyone that came down for an interview... So, at the end of the night, Dave gave him a Letterman Show t-shirt.

Staff Sgt. Giunta got several standing ovations during the show... Definitely worth watching... If I can find it on the 'Net, I'll post a link for you guys...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Glad to see he got treated with the respect a man like him deserves

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If you've been in the military and ever been in the presence of a Congressional Medal Of Honor recipient and talked to them, you have no question about the respect they deserve.
Letterman probably "felt" this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.