Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the movie starring Denzell Washington as a bodyguard in Mexico, he carried a Glock 17. Great movie ...

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
Smart guy...

Stick with the 9mm Glocks...

·
Registered
594 Posts
I liked that movie a lot, forgot about the Glock.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great movie, crazy thing is, it's based off a true story. No doubt his Glocks served their purpose in real life as well!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great movie, crazy thing is, it's based off a true story. No doubt his Glocks served their purpose in real life as well!!!!!
Don't think it's based on any true story... I know it was based on a novel set in ITALY instead of Mexico, and there was a 1987 version of this. Still, loved the remake, and it's one of my all time favorite movies.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
I found this article on the great WWW (of course it doesn't make it true, so I might stand corrected. I coulda swore that there is a blurp in the movie about it being based off actual events):

On the director's commentary, Tony Scott claims Man on Fire is a composite of 2 "true" stories. According to the commentary, Creasy is based on a real character in the 70's who hunted down and tortured the kidnappers of a protectee in Europe. There is a series of books that are fictional, but Scott claims this person really existed, was ex-CIA and actually did some of Creasy's actions to get a kid back.
The second story, that has more documentation, concerns recent events in Mexico. It seems that the head of the AFI did work with an investigative journalist to expose the heads of a kidnapping ring, which included the head of the Anti-kidnapping Squad. The man was found with money and a body in the trunk of his car. The journalist received help from the AFI to publicize the identities of someone "The Voice" was based on. He turned himself in due to fear he was going to be killed since he was very unpopular after a young woman had been kidnapped and her ears cut-off. So, if you believe Tony Scott, there are parts of the movie that are based on true events, albeit from different decades. Give a listen to the commentary track on the DVD to hear more about the Mexico story.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you needed to re watch the movie because the he has a glock 34 is shown the first time that he was drinking in his room, a glock 34 when he tries to kill himself the second time drinking in his room the portion of the slide is missing showing some of the barrel which is consistent with glock 34. Also when the cops try to kidnap the girl he has a glock 34 go check the movie trailer on amazon the barrel length to long for the 17. He does give marc Anthony a 17 to kill him self

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
you needed to re watch the movie because the he has a glock 34 is shown the first time that he was drinking in his room, a glock 34 when he tries to kill himself the second time drinking in his room the portion of the slide is missing showing some of the barrel which is consistent with glock 34. Also when the cops try to kidnap the girl he has a glock 34 go check the movie trailer on amazon the barrel length to long for the 17. He does give marc Anthony a 17 to kill him self
Sounds like a real upbeat movie... :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like a real upbeat movie... :(
Only if you like movies where the bad guys push the good guy to his limit til he starts an all out war and takes the bad guys out one by one... AWSOME movie with a great story line of redemption, self sacrifice, bad guys getting shot and blown up and finally an absolute act of selflessness... if you couldn't guess I give it 2 thumbs up :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
IMO, the movie's got one of the best shoot out scenes I've seen, even compared to bigger budgeted blockbusters with elaborate SFX. Just raw and intense, and pretty strong editing. Liked the one handed shooting by Denzel.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Easily one of my fav moofies of all time... (I have 100 movies in my top ten)

All other revenge/justice movies pale into comparison to MOF...

I have the double disc and snipped this bit off the extras...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Easily one of my fav moofies of all time... (I have 100 movies in my top ten)

All other revenge/justice movies pale into comparison to MOF...

I have the double disc and snipped this bit off the extras...

Great post argento. Very interesting.

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
Good post...

Pretty good shooting...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts