Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have the CA legal 10 round mags for my 3rd gen 23. and i depress the button on the bottom of the mag and try to slide the deal off and it wont budge. i had most my weight on it on a table and it wouldnt move at all...

so i called glock and they said take it to an armorer. so whats the trick guys?...

EDIT: and yeah i just noticed i spelled magazines wrong... lol

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
sounds like your using to much force to me. place top of the mag on a table and depress the the baseplate retainer slightly with a punch and push the baseplate away from you while removing the punch and it should come apart.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Try squeezing the magazine a little bit right above the floorplate.....

They do fight sometimes......use a punch or the Glock tool to push the button all the way and pull with the punch and push with your other thumb......once you do it a couple of times it gets easier:cool:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah ive broken down magazines silimar in the past so i started this assuming it would be simple and just depressed the button and pushed with my thumbs. then i tried pulling the base plate off with the punch while it pushed the button in. then as it still didnt budge i got rougher. and nothing i could do worked.

yeah ill try the squeezing thing thanks!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
this might help...
Probably done 15 of these in the last year. Only the first one I did, on a G22 magazine, worked like the video.
The rest of them were a PITA. Spent 30 minutes on a 26 mag yesterday. They have a mind of their own!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Probably done 15 of these in the last year. Only the first one I did, on a G22 magazine, worked like the video.
The rest of them were a PITA. Spent 30 minutes on a 26 mag yesterday. They have a mind of their own!
its good to know im not the only one having trouble. ill try in a little bit and let you guys know how it went tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Sorry I just saw this thread. The only time I've take a base plate off a GLOCK mag was to put an ext one on a G26 mag. Since you're in Cali I assume that is NOT what you are doing and that you are only taking it off for cleaning or to replace the spring. ;)

The others have it right though. The easiest way to take them off is to put a GLOCK disassembly tool through the hole and then use it as leverage to press the base plate forward/off. I think there's a pic of the technique in the Armorer's Manual at the very end. Check the link someone posted recently.

Also check to see what the manual says. GLOCK actually doesn't recommend you take the mags apart unless you actually have an issue of some sort. There are legit reasons to need to do it but I don't take my mags apart and clean them like I do/did with SIG or 1911 mags. I have abused some GLOCK mags too and have NEVER had an issue as a result.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK well i got them apart. i had to sit down and brace my supporting hand and the mag on the soul of my boot and then push down hard as heck. but i got 2 apart and i was making sure they were still cleanish. and they looked fine so i didnt even mess with the other three. thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Glad you got it done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.