Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you carry the same gun every day do you rotate mags?
if you do rotate, how long have you been rotating you stock golck mags without having 2 change the spring?

If you dont rotate them and they are full all the time how long do you think the springs will last?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
mag springs wear out the quickest from constant compression/decompression when they're used a lot, rather than from being fully loaded for extended periods. there's been 1911 mags fully loaded found from WWII that functioned fine.

i've kept my glock mags fully loaded (including a 33 rounder) for several years and never had a malfunction. i used them at the range, of course, and would reload them after each ranger session. i keep all of them fully loaded 24/7. glock springs are some of the best in the world.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
mag springs wear out the quickest from constant compression/decompression when they're used a lot, rather than from being fully loaded for extended periods. there's been 1911 mags fully loaded found from WWII that functioned fine.

i've kept my glock mags fully loaded (including a 33 rounder) for several years and never had a malfunction. i used them at the range, of course, and would reload them after each ranger session. i keep all of them fully loaded 24/7. glock springs are some of the best in the world.
Deja Vu! That's the same reply you made to my post on that question in August! Cut and paste? :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Only unload mags at the range. That in itself will make them last longer

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. it is hard to beleve but if that is what you all think than.....must be true.It is just hard to beleve that a spring under tention will last longer than one that is rotated, like you r giving it a break or somthing when you unload it.

thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.