Glock Pro Forums banner

M1 Carbine (Oregon)

[WTB] 
5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Conglock 
#1 · (Edited)
This post is for Oregon residents only, please.

I am looking for one or more collectible U.S. M1 Carbines, here is what I have to trade:

TypeMakeModelCaliber
RifleDPMSAR-15 NM.223
PistolSig SauerP239*9mm
PistolCZ75 SP01 Tactical*9mm
PistolBerettaM9A1 Civilian9mm
ShotgunStoegerCoach Gun12 ga.
1911 PistolRemington1911R1.45 ACP
1911 PistolSpringfield ArmoryRange Officer.45 ACP

Since I am left-handed, both of the 1911s have had an ambidextrous thumb safety installed. The asterisks (*) indicate that I will include a left-handed Ted Blocker leather holster and magazine pouch with the Sig P239 and the CZ 75. If you have questions about any of these guns, let me know, I will reply with details and photos.

Now, here's some information about what I am looking for. I want one (or more) collectible US M1 Carbines, made during WWII. The guns I am looking for will be made by one or more of the following manufacturers:

Inland Division of General Motors
Winchester
Underwood Elliott Fisher
Saginaw Steering Gear
National Postal Meter
Quality Hardware Machine
IBM
Standard Products
Rock-Ola
Irwin-Pederson Arms

With reference books I am able to look up serial numbers. I will want to inspect the Carbine(s) with a couple of gauges for the barrel, and to check headspace. Condition isn't too important as long as the receiver and barrel are original production and the barrel is in good shape, bright (not frosted), with sharp rifling.

Carbines are new to me, but I am studying up. Please note that I am only interested in trades, not a cash purchase. The total value of what I have to trade should cover two or three good collectible carbines, I think.

If you have one or more that you are willing to trade, let me know and perhaps we can make a deal!

Chris

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Gonna watch this one, good luck Chris !
Thanks, OT. Last Saturday I ran into a guy at my gun club who has "some carbines he doesn't shoot.....", which prompted me to assemble the trade offer. His eyes lit up when I mentioned that I had a couple of 1911s available, but so far I haven't heard from him, so that's not looking too good.

I realize that putting this ad up on the Forum is a long shot, but if you don't play, you can't win, right?

There's a major gun show here next weekend, so I will go out there and be insulted by their ridiculous asking prices, then I'll probably come home, order one through Cabela's Gun Library, and be paying for it for months. Oh well.

Chris

#4 ·
if you come across one that the temp help has stood up in the corner of the booth saving it for someone BUY IT no matter what it costs ......

lol, I can still see the sad look on that guys face when the owner of the booth sold me the one he had put aside !

But you should have seen the smile on my face !

#6 ·
#8 ·
Be careful when you buy. The Carbine that I showed in the post was believed to be completely authentic, but close examination revealed that the rear sight was a fake. I replaced it with the genuine article at a cost of an additional $275.....ouch. The fake rear sight cost $15.

The lesson here is to do your research through a good forum (http://m1carbineforum.forumco.com) before buying. You may find carbines available through forum members as well. I got VERY useful advice from the folks on that forum, they know their subject.

Chris

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.