Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had to put down one of my dearest friends. The friend has been through a lot with me and has never let me down. I won't lie. I got a bit teary eyed when I made the decision to put him down.

Today I had to relegate my favorite t-shirt to duty as a gun cleaning rag. :(

A favorite t-shirt comes along only once in a long while. This one was purchased for me by my wife in 2001 right after 9/11. It's a duty blue NYFD t-shirt. It fit me perfectly and was very soft and comfy. It was always the first one worn out of the clean laundry stack and was washed in the first load come laundry day so it would be ready to go again ASAP.

The poor guy is now almost purple due to fading and the neck band is frayed from wear. I have blown out both armpits to the point it looks like a family of mice had them for Thanksgiving dinner. The letters are still legible on the print but they too are worn.

I am sad. I thought about taking pics but I couldn't bear for anyone to see my friend in this condition. It was a closed casket ceremony. My wife gave me a little pat on the back, a kiss on the cheek, then the obligatory eye roll as she really didn't get my whole emotional attachment. Women .....

·
Registered
197 Posts
I know how you feel. A good t-shirt is a man's best friend. My wife doesn't understand either. My thoughts are with you!! Just know that it will be happy in its new life!!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Wow!

I was expecting something worse... I thought it was going to be a family pet or something...

Maybe you could get another t-shirt?

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Compare it to a pair of shoes. She will understand then.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
well, look at it this way, my friend, using your favorite shirt to clean your guns beats using skidmarked underwear....

:)
I was going to say Holy Crap but that sounds like a bunch of plain ole Crap to me. LOL

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
What would Gunny R. Lee Ermey say about this thread?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.