Glock Pro Forums banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Glocks New .45gap...

You guys are going to force me to buy one of those GAP guns aren't you... ;)

Do you have trouble finding ammo for them? I rarely see any except at gun shows.
Most simply the best there is to day 2011! :eek:
It is the 1911 of of 1898 Improved and much better.:eek:
The choice of me who has shot all Glocks and owned most. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with one of the GAP Glocks some day...

·
Registered
122 Posts
For along time G21 was an option but officers had to buy their own G21, now they issue both. They also approve G22C and G21C but again they would have to buy their own. An officer can also take their personal Glocks to Robar and have the grip modification, beaver tail, and texturing done if they can afford it, but it can only be through Robar and no other vendor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hawkins County TN SD carries Glock 30's for the most part. They told me 21's were also authorized, but most officers chose the 30. Neither officer I asked carried a SF, not sure if the SF is authorized or not. They were both very nice when I inquired about there duty weapons, but neither is a "gun nut" like me. I spent about a half hour last summer talking to the local PD officer about the laptop in his car, never even thought to ask what his duty weapon was. I think Glock 22 like mine, but Gen 3. I hope not to find out the hard way. One of the Morristown PD shoots USPSA at the club where I shoot IDPA, he has a new Glock 35 for that, he carries a 22 on duty.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a new neighbor that just moved in. He is a local LEO and he carries a department issued G-22. The only detective they have carries a G-27. A few years ago I think they carried squirrel rifles. Man, I love Tennessee.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dept I'm goin' to work for (start the Academy Monday) issues G22, G23, & G27s for duty use, but also for a BUG you can submit any pistol to the dept armorer and so long as it is approved by them you can carry it...

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
The dept I'm goin' to work for (start the Academy Monday) issues G22, G23, & G27s for duty use, but also for a BUG you can submit any pistol to the dept armorer and so long as it is approved by them you can carry it...
Congratulations!

Good luck at the academy...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most of the Johnson County, KS agencies carry the Glock 4 Gen. Calibers range from 9mm to .45acp. There's one with S&W.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Most of the Johnson County, KS agencies carry the Glock 4 Gen. Calibers range from 9mm to .45acp. There's one with S&W.
Glocks are pretty popular...

BTW, Welcome to the Glock.pro forums...

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Here the local badges are issued G17's as are the County badges. My understanding is that they may carry what every they wish to purchase with their own monies, within reason !

I do know a few County officers that pack a Colt .45, a few of the old timers on the local force use the Colt .45 as well.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.