Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Local PD has glocks maybe the 22, SO carries 1911's, at least the ones I know. The little town where I work at look like whatever You want. From 1911's, glocks, and XD's.
Have you ever noticed the officer sometimes get's "freaked out" when you asked them.."Hey Officer ..nice glock you got there! Model 22 right?" "No Sir, I was just asking...yes Sir I'm moving along now..."

·
Registered
275 Posts
Albuquerque PD carry Glocks.. I want to say G22.

They like to use them as of recently. 9 ppl dead so far this yr.
That's it, just 9, I see that many that need a bullet in the head every day!!!!!!!! HAHA ALBUQUERQUE

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Our Office issues the G22 and G23 as standard issue. All other Glocks are approved. I carry a G38.
That's interesting... You like the Glock .45 better that the ACP?

Or is it because the ACP doesn't come in a compact shape?

·
None
1,525 Posts
That's interesting... You like the Glock .45 better that the ACP?

Or is it because the ACP doesn't come in a compact shape?
I like being able to shoot a .45 projectile out of a pistol with exactly the same size grip as my 9mm Glocks. I also very much like the way the 38 balances and shoots.

I am considering getting a 30SF for GSSF purposes, but I'm a bonified fan of the GAP.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
And I was converted back to the glock platform for this exact reason. I like the 45 caliber round, and no I'm not a 9mm hater as I have my Gen 4 G19 on my hip right now, but I can't get a good grip on the 45 ACP glocks. I had given up on them and went to XDs years ago. JLWeems brought out his g38 specifically for me to shoot one day and I fell in love. The frame is the exact size of the G19, with only a slightly wider slide, yet it carriers a 45 round with all the specs as the 45 ACP. a win win for me.

I'm on my 3rd Glock in 2 months now... My wife isn't happy with JLW.. :)

·
None
1,525 Posts
And I was converted back to the glock platform for this exact reason. I like the 45 caliber round, and no I'm not a 9mm hater as I have my Gen 4 G19 on my hip right now, but I can't get a good grip on the 45 ACP glocks. I had given up on them and went to XDs years ago. JLWeems brought out his g38 specifically for me to shoot one day and I fell in love. The frame is the exact size of the G19, with only a slightly wider slide, yet it carriers a 45 round with all the specs as the 45 ACP. a win win for me.

Surely you blamed it all on volgrad and not me.

·
None
1,525 Posts
He never twisted my arm into shooting his and having to go out and buy them. You are such an enabler.
That's not even the worse thing I've been called today. LOL

I just let you shoot it. The GAP did the rest. You should have seen the look on the Sheriff's face the first time I stuck a G38 in his hand.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I can imagine it was close to the look on his face when he saw the butterfly at the Butt Hutt (BBQ Joint - wanted to clarify that for those "not in the know")

·
None
1,525 Posts
I can imagine it was close to the look on his face when he saw the butterfly at the Butt Hutt (BBQ Joint - wanted to clarify that for those "not in the know")
Speaking of: we ate there today, and one should never refer to a true barbecue joint at BBQ. Jeesh....

He hung his head and then made an obscene gesture. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts

I knew that durn JL guy was trouble right away...

;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Surely you blamed it all on volgrad and not me.
And I was converted back to the glock platform for this exact reason. I like the 45 caliber round, and no I'm not a 9mm hater as I have my Gen 4 G19 on my hip right now, but I can't get a good grip on the 45 ACP glocks. I had given up on them and went to XDs years ago. JLWeems brought out his g38 specifically for me to shoot one day and I fell in love. The frame is the exact size of the G19, with only a slightly wider slide, yet it carriers a 45 round with all the specs as the 45 ACP. a win win for me. :)
Both jlweems and Volgrad converted me to the G38 and the GAP round a couple of years ago and it's now my favorite weapon.....both of them! I carry a G26, own several G19s and have owned G27, G23 and G17. G38 is now my home defense weapon of choice.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
You guys are going to force me to buy one of those GAP guns aren't you... ;)

Do you have trouble finding ammo for them? I rarely see any except at gun shows.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
You're probably not going to find ammo at Walmart but I haven't had any trouble finding it at Gun Stores and online.

·
None
1,525 Posts
You guys are going to force me to buy one of those GAP guns aren't you... ;)

Do you have trouble finding ammo for them? I rarely see any except at gun shows.
I ordered mine from the same company that supplies the GSP their ammo, and I did so with perfect timing and got it in at the same time they were doing a run for the GSP.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I ordered mine from the same company that supplies the GSP their ammo, and I did so with perfect timing and got it in at the same time they were doing a run for the GSP.
I don't have your connections... :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
In Brevard County FL.....
Brevard Sheriffs Office.....G22, 23, 27 or 35 depending on assignment
Melbourne PD...G37, 38 or 39 depending on assignment
Melbourne Bch PD..G22 for duty and G27 for back up/off-duty
Melbourne Villiage PD...Unsure
West Melbourne PD....G22 (I think)
Palm Bay PD....G17, 19 or 26 depending on assignment, but I believe authorizes other calibers and platforms
Indialantic PD....Glock, unsure or calbier, probably .40
Indian Harbor Bch PD...same as above
Satellite Bch PD...G22, 23 or 27 depending on assignment
Cocoa Beach PD....unsure
Port Canaveral PD (newest PD in County)...G22
Titsuville PD....Glock, unsure of caliber....other platforms are authorized
Rockledge PD...G22, 23 or 27 depending on assignment
Cocoa PD...Glock, unsure if .40 or .45

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Great information... thanks for posting it...

I recently took a course at the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office... I'm pretty sure they all used Glocks, but I didn't find out specifically what models they used... I should have asked, but I didn't think of it at the time.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.