Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reactions: Tactworld45

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The key to buying online is to buy in bulk. If you're buying 20 rounds, shipping will kill the cost savings over a local store. But to give you an idea, I can buy 50 rounds of Federal HSTs, one of the top self defense rounds out there online for what I can buy 20 rounds for locally. Again though, even buying 50 rounds isn't going to work out to be a huge savings. You need to buy 500 rounds, 1,000 rounds, etc.. I have gone in with other local friends and family to split the cost when times were tough. Doing it this way WILL save you money. Sometimes it takes a few minutes of shopping around but that's why I thought this thread would be good, as it gives a potential buyer lots of places to shop. :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Just want to plug a local ammo company. They used to be down the road, but now they operate out of Idaho. I've shot their 9mm target ammo which are commercial reloads-- shoots a little softer than factory loads, and it's plenty accurate for competitions. Not cheap though, but I wanted to support a local business. Thanks for a great sticky, Law!

PNW ARMS

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
gandiammunition.com

·
Registered
337 Posts
Old Thread but felt would add this about Kyles Gun Shop online ordering policy for ammo:

This is the first time I've seen a place require proof of age "You must be 21 or older to purchase handgun ammo. You must provide a photocopy/scan/fax of a federal or state ID." Not about to send a copy of my I.D. out to an unknown or for that matter anyone over the internet. Regards to their "policy", nothing stopping a minor from copying a parent's driver's license and using their parent's credit card to make the purchase.
Too many other online sources for ammo that does not require exposing one-self to Identity Theft probability. Guessing they have people that will abide by that policy since they are still in business. Federal HST .40 S&W 165gr LE P40HST3 (50 Rounds)

A bit higher prices as compared to other online sources. Anyone else seen this type policy for online ammo purchasing? Could it be they are under the microscope for selling to a minor in the past, causing them to enact this policy? Guess they have their reasons.

Here is a how I can comment about the higher price than other online sources: http://www.sgammo.com/product/feder...ederal-le-165-grain-hollow-point-ammo-p40hst3 $25.95 -vs- the $39.99 plus having to send proof of age with Kyle's Gun Shop.

Guess what I am saying is, a little homework can save in the long run.

"I post this as my personal views and opinions as a consumer that has been doing business with other online ammo sources that do not share the same policy. My comments are not in any way intended to cause business interruption or directly attack Kyle's Gun Shop or cause loss of revenue. The reason for my post is intended to pass along information with regard to policies of one online ammo source and my personal opinion and explain my opinion."

·
Registered
337 Posts
Heard from Kyles, they advised I could redact the copy of my I.D. but somehow would still need to show proof of age. The advised was to protect them from selling to a minor. They were decent about it. They also advised, sometimes their prices may be higher than usual due to from which distribution chain they had to purchase from. Will watch for my flavor of 9mm; 40 cal and .357sig on their site. Who knows, may get a decent deal after all one day from their company.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Heard from Kyles, they advised I could redact the copy of my I.D. but somehow would still need to show proof of age. The advised was to protect them from selling to a minor. They were decent about it. They also advised, sometimes their prices may be higher than usual due to from which distribution chain they had to purchase from. Will watch for my flavor of 9mm; 40 cal and .357sig on their site. Who knows, may get a decent deal after all one day from their company.
justme ... let me know if you find some hot deal for .40 S&W (Blazer NOT brass case). I'll keep you in mind if I see anything worthwhile on my end.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts