Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used them in the past - have noticed some issues and attribute it to the mag extensions. Used them on my 27 and another glock which I can't recall..

The one on the 27 was a +2.. I did two mags with them and had another 2 mags which I kept stock.

I've had +0 mag extensions on a couple of my g30s - no issues at all - but i'm assuming the issues with the +1/+2 extensions are related to using the same spring in a taller spot?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I have a plus 0 and a plus 2 on 2 of my G26 mags. Havnt had any issues with either yet. I keep the plus 0 in the gun and keep the plus 2 in my pocket for back up. If my plus 2 gives me any problems Ill start carrying 1 of my G19 mags for back up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my G26 I use the plus 0 baseplates sometimes - mostly in wintertime - because they make it so much easier to get a grip on the gun when you have gloves on. For the most part though I use the stock baseplates.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bought a +1 for my 27 when I bought the gun. It ended up being a +0 though, since even with the Glock mag loader, I cant get that 10th round in there.

I carry the 27 without the extension though, and make sure to practice with it this way too. No sense in having a sub-compact with a compact sized grip. I use the 13 round G23 mags as extra mags since they're interchangeable.

LC

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have + 2 extensions on both a 26 & 27. The 26 is used for GSSF sub compact and the extension feels better than using a 17 mag. The 27 is used in an IWB holster and helps dig the gun out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does my Kriss Super V mag extensions count? I got a Glock 21C so i can share mags with my Kriss. I just got the mag extensions last week. gonna take a test drive of the extension and my recently acquired Glock 21C for a shoot this sunday. I expect lots of fun.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I use Glock factory plus extensions on some of my mags. I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm not a big fan.. I've shot a 27 with a +2 or +1 but it really didn't do anything for me.. Nothing wrong with them but I've get my mag stock.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Have 3 +2 mag extension for my G22 and 2 +0 mags, all factory Glock.
No issues with any of them. Using an Uplula loader, have never had a
problem getting 17 rounds into the +2s.

·
None
1,525 Posts
If any of you are planning to shoot GSSF, the Pierce brand are only permitted in the Sub-Compact division. The Glock brand is permitted in all divisions.

I do have a couple of Pierce brand on a couple of G27 mags, but I prefer the Glock brand.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I put a +1 on my G38 mag, and then took it off the very next day. On a sub-compact, I could see them being useful, but personally, I can't see them on anything else.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I put a +1 on my G38 mag, and then took it off the very next day. On a sub-compact, I could see them being useful, but personally, I can't see them on anything else.
Other than for competition purposes, I don't see using them on anything by the subcompacts either; however, I do have some on some full size 9mm mags. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Other than for competition purposes, I don't see using them on anything by the subcompacts either; however, I do have some on some full size 9mm mags. ;)
Who doesn't need 34 rounds + 1. LOL

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have the Pearce +2's on 2 of my 27 mags and 1 glock 11 round mag. I prefer the Pearce, not sure why, just do. It could just be looks, lol.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a Glock 27 with 3 mags sporting the +1 Pearce extensions. When I drop in the 40-9 conversion barrel I use the 9mm glock mags with the factory extensions on them. They feel a little better but stick out more than the +1 Pearce mag plates. I only carry it with the 40 mags so that isn't a problem. I do carry it with a 357sig barrel because I have fallen in love with that round. I use the 40 mags for the 357sig ammo with no problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.