Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Wow a G17 that weighs nearly the same as a G26. That's pretty cool. I like it!

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I have often wondered how that effects felt recoil. Can you enlighten me on that?

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Looks super!

Will you have to swap out the recoil spring assembly for a less powerful one now?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looks Super!!
I also wonder WHY the slide was lightened & how it will effect recoil & being the mass of the slide was reduced & IF the same power ammo was used?
I know on a comp gun you would use a lighter weight spring because of the reduction of recoil but with this you may have to increase the spring tension in order for it to run 100%..

It almost looks like a 17L/24/34/35 weight reduction cut in the front..
Could I ask maybe what that machine work & refinish cost??

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't fired it yet, so I can't reply about the recoil or spring requirements. I'll let you know.

A friend did the machining, so I don't what it would cost.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
If a person had a drill press with a cutting blade, and one of the vises that allowed you to move whatever you where working on side to side and back and forth it would be easy enough to do. Just take a little bit of time. I do like it though be sure to let us know how it shoots.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Yet another solution to a problem that didn't exist ....
I don't know if I would go THAT far it isn't like it's the GAP round or something. LOL

I like the cosmetic look of it. I wonder about how much effect it will have on the action more than anything but like the look of it regardless. I am very interested in seeing that range report so I know.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
if anything it might require a heavier recoil spring due to the slide being lighter and increasing the slide speed. maybe not though, you never know until you shoot it with the loads you prefer.
After further thought... I believe you are correct! I think my physics were wrong...

The same round would send the now-lighter slide back with more force and require a stronger spring assemble to control it.

I was thinking that the lighter slide would be easier to control... I failed to take into account that it would be traveling faster with more energy because it is lighter than the old slide...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Not speaking for the owner but many times, people making the "race guns" often use lighter loads. Could equal itself out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.