Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we're growing steadily.. slowly.. which is great! We've lucked out with a good group of people on here so far!

What are some ideas to open up the flood gates and get people to know about this Glock mega-forum alternative?

The ideas can't cost money cause I don't have any! :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey rob - i know you separated the forum from the classifieds, but now when you on the forum, there is no obvious link to the ads? can you add a link somewhere/somehow? it would be awesome if it could be on the menu bar (Portal, Forum, Blogs etc), and also on the glockifieds menu bar if you can add a button that says Forum....

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I noticed this on the forum page.
Welcome to Glock Forums! This is a discussion forum dedicated to the Glock pistol. You can lots of friendly conversation with plenty of knowledgeable users to answer your questions here.

I think you mean you can have lots of...

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i've noticed some traffic from some other forums/sites - great work guys! Let's see if we can turn it up and get GlockForums.org linked on some more of the Gun sites out there!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Lots of times I forget about the Blogs.

Could you make any new Blog posts show up when you click the "What's New?" link in the menu bar? Just like a regular thread/post...

·
Registered
334 Posts
I like the idea of a "Hot Deals" section. How about a "button" that brings up threads started by the pusher of the button and also replies to other threads. Will make it easy to keep up with what we wrote and who has responded.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Post ads on Craigslist.co, HAHA, everything else is there. Can't sell guns or anything, but just offer general information. Maybe it would work.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I like the idea of a "Hot Deals" section. How about a "button" that brings up threads started by the pusher of the button and also replies to other threads. Will make it easy to keep up with what we wrote and who has responded.
If you click the "Settings" button at the very top of every page, it will bring up all of the threads you have started or posted in that are new. Technically it brings up all your subscribed threads, but by default every thread you start or post in gets subscribed to you.

The "Settings" button (menu item) is usually the first thing I click when I sign on... After I finish reading/posting to those threads, I click the "Whats New?" menu item and read all the new posts that I have not posted in before. That gets me caught up on everything!

Hope that helps...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.