Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought one and really like it. The factory trigger is great. I had to get rid of the magazine safety.
Very few guns have these and they are irritating to say the least. I ordered this one with a manual
thumb safety. Yup... a thumb safety on a striker fire pistol.

Bought it online from GunBuyer.com for $279.00 + $3.00 insurance Total $282.00
No tax... No shipping.

Great little gun. Not a gun you push hundreds and hundreds of rounds through.
It does not look like it would hold up to thoudands of rounds.
Great backup, super light, super small.

IMG_20171204_202005.jpg

If they made an aluminum frame that was hardcoat annodized,
I would buy one and swap it out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bought one and really like it. The factory trigger is great. I had to get rid of the magazine safety.
Very few guns have these and they are irritating to say the least. I ordered this one with a manual
thumb safety. Yup... a thumb safety on a striker fire pistol.

Bought it online from GunBuyer.com for $279.00 + $3.00 insurance Total $282.00
No tax... No shipping.

Great little gun. Not a gun you push hundreds and hundreds of rounds through.
It does not look like it would hold up to thoudands of rounds.
Great backup, super light, super small.

View attachment 14730

If they made an aluminum frame that was hardcoat annodized,
I would buy one and swap it out.
They are also extremely thin for their overall profile. Pull the trigger and they shoot anything. As you mentioned really not for combat, but good enough for backup or CCW.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I like mine and carry it a lot. I like the manual safety. Yeah, I'm one of those. About 5.5oz lighter than my G26 which I also love.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, evidently the 1000 rounds I shot is the life of an LC9s. Sent it in to Ruger for failures to eject and they pretty much did a total rebuild: new barrel, new slide, new recoil spring, and a few new parts on the frame. Sold it and bought a G43.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Had one, never liked the thumb safety, so left it off..never really liked to shoot it either..not much fun. Yes, reliable and small and 7+1 standard but much prefer G43..no failures but G43 a wee bit bigger for more FTS(FunToShoot)...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Had one, never liked the thumb safety, so left it off..never really liked to shoot it either..not much fun. Yes, reliable and small and 7+1 standard but much prefer G43..no failures but G43 a wee bit bigger for more FTS(FunToShoot)...
Strike Industries sells a +2 extension for the G43. I get a full grip and 8 +1.

Strike I plus 2.jpg

They cost just under $12.00

Gaz

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bought a Strike +2..and even tho installed correctly, could NOT get the 8th round in the mag..followed both the video and instructions..not sure what's up..went back to Pearce +1..

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Bought a Strike +2..and even tho installed correctly, could NOT get the 8th round in the mag..followed both the video and instructions..not sure what's up..went back to Pearce +1..
Odd, I have 4, one on each mag and no issues loading 8. Have you contacted Strike Industries?

Gaz

·
Registered
119 Posts
Odd, I have 4, one on each mag and no issues loading 8. Have you contacted Strike Industries?

Gaz
Actually bought 2..second one installed and tested yesterday..a few FTF, could hear the spring 'catching up'..as the mag emptied..then the last 50 or so rounds, no problem. I emailed Strike on first one..haven't heard back..

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Actually bought 2..second one installed and tested yesterday..a few FTF, could hear the spring 'catching up'..as the mag emptied..then the last 50 or so rounds, no problem. I emailed Strike on first one..haven't heard back..
Are you reloading?

Sounds like the cartridge OAL might be too long...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nope, not reloading..got an email from Strike about checking the upper end of the spring..which is wound a little 'smaller' so it fits easily into the base of the follower..seemed to have worked..gonna test them today.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Nope, not reloading..got an email from Strike about checking the upper end of the spring..which is wound a little 'smaller' so it fits easily into the base of the follower..seemed to have worked..gonna test them today.
Hope that's the answer for you.

Gaz

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Update..have a Strike Industries +2, Pearce +1 and now FAB defense +4...along with pinky only(6)..now EDC with any 'wardrobe'...:cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thumb safeties are long overdue on striker-fired pistols.
Huh?:rolleyes: Look at the first Shield9's. The first released were thumb safeties so 5-6 years ago. Probably several before that. The Taurus G2 design is a several year old thumb safety striker gun with double strike capability.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thumb safeties are long overdue on striker-fired pistols.
I'll never understand this..as a guy who 'grew up' with Glocks...Strikers don't just 'go off' and if the thing does 'go off', it's because the trigger was depressed. Heat of battle, more than a few 'forget' that pesky 'safety'..no thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts