Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that the Glock 43x is done...I needed another project. So here it is. CZ P-07. I have owned it for a couple of years but left it stock. Got the courage to try and do some mods to it. With the great videos on the CZ original Forum and the encouragement of the members...going to give it a try. Starting with the polishing of anything that is known to need it....just everything as the vids show. Going to install spring kit, trigger bar and a few aftermarket parts that are an upgrade from the OEM CZ parts. Waiting for the parts ...I have
polished the hammer, slide release and the barrel. This is actually my favorite Firearm of my collection. Just something about it just is a perfect for me at the range. I did carry it when I first bought it, but was a little heavy here in the Florida summers so I went to a Kahr CM9....which I replaced with the Glock 43x.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,963 Posts
Looks like a nice project... Thanks for posting!

Lighter springs will help, but you might need to start using Federal primers...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a nice project... Thanks for posting!

Lighter springs will help, but you might need to start using Federal primers...
I talked to Mcarbo and he sent me test vids of various ammo...including the S&B brand that CZ factory uses to test their firearms. Actually I use more Federal than most other ammo anyhow. Thanks for the response to the post.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well now that the Glock 43x is done...I needed another project. So here it is. CZ P-07. I have owned it for a couple of years but left it stock. Got the courage to try and do some mods to it. With the great videos on the CZ original Forum and the encouragement of the members...going to give it a try. Starting with the polishing of anything that is known to need it....just everything as the vids show. Going to install spring kit, trigger bar and a few aftermarket parts that are an upgrade from the OEM CZ parts. Waiting for the parts ...I have
polished the hammer, slide release and the barrel. This is actually my favorite Firearm of my collection. Just something about it just is a perfect for me at the range. I did carry it when I first bought it, but was a little heavy here in the Florida summers so I went to a Kahr CM9....which I replaced with the Glock 43x.
I have, for the past number of months, eyeing one of those P-07's. What do you think of yours to carry and to shoot? I can't imagine CZ putting out a crappy pistol. I have never owned anything CZ, but am seriously thinking on one of the P-07's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seldom carry mine much. not that it is way to large, but the weight is such that throw on draw tie shorts makes it impossible most of the year. In the cooler months I do carry it, but still prefer my 43x or my Springfield XDe. Actually I wish I would have gotten the P-09 for the range use instead of the P-07. Longer barrel and sight line makes it slightly better for target shooting....not that with the P-07 I miss the broad side of a barn. It is very accurate....pic is target at 12 yds. I seldom shoot longer that 12 yds....damn old eyes!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I seldom carry mine much. not that it is way to large, but the weight is such that throw on draw tie shorts makes it impossible most of the year. In the cooler months I do carry it, but still prefer my 43x or my Springfield XDe. Actually I wish I would have gotten the P-09 for the range use instead of the P-07. Longer barrel and sight line makes it slightly better for target shooting....not that with the P-07 I miss the broad side of a barn. It is very accurate....pic is target at 12 yds. I seldom shoot longer that 12 yds....damn old eyes! View attachment 17620
Well, your "damn old eyes" still seem to put them in there! That's a dead bad guy, all day long. Thanks for the reply. I live in Indiana, and have really large hands, so I tend to carry larger pistols anyways.

I tried the G48 & G43X at the range, and the grips didn't feel too bad to me, but a little "smallish". I was carrying my Beretta 92FS today, so yeah, I tend to carry larger guns.

I will chew on it for a little while yet, but from holding the P-07 in the gun shop, it felt pretty good in the hand...the P-09 felt good too. I was able to get the distal joint of the trigger finger around both triggers, with no problem. That is how I prefer to shoot, and never could use the "pad" of the trigger finger very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts