Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Wow.. That's crazy.. Good to hear he wasn't hurt.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, very glad he wasn't hurt! The round sounded about normal, like the other ammos. He has sent photos to Keltec, the ammo suplier, and to Bitterroot. Box was marked "once fired brass". Hopefully, Bitterroot will replace is Keltec. Let ya'll know what happens there.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yea, very glad he wasn't hurt! The round sounded about normal, like the other ammos. He has sent photos to Keltec, the ammo suplier, and to Bitterroot. Box was marked "once fired brass". Hopefully, Bitterroot will replace is Keltec. Let ya'll know what happens there.
bitter root has bad customer reviews on cheaperthandirt, seems the bullets tumble....

buying reloads, even if professionally done, is never a good option to save a few cents.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
glad you weren't hurt, my friend! i haven't read great things about that cheap bitterroot valley stuff.
Thanks Don. No injurys. He said his hand stung for a few minutes but no marks.

You get a chance yet to pop any of the HPR replacements?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Thanks Don. No injurys. He said his hand stung for a few minutes but no marks.

You get a chance yet to pop any of the HPR replacements?
no, not yet, i've been shooting the crap out of my gen4 g23 lol. i wish i had some land to shoot on, these indoor ranges rip you off. plus, there's just a ton of unsafe crap going on with all the idiots....

the hpr looks so nice and shiny, i almost don't want to waste it at the range LOL

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, not yet, i've been shooting the crap out of my gen4 g23 lol. i wish i had some land to shoot on, these indoor ranges rip you off. plus, there's just a ton of unsafe crap going on with all the idiots....

the hpr looks so nice and shiny, i almost don't want to waste it at the range LOL
You know I'm just gettin antsy for your review of it! :) Really worked nice in my 29.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That sucks.

I've put about 100 rounds of that stuff throw my 10mm, and I must say that I was extremely unimpressed with the groups I was shooting compared to the groups I tend to shoot with name brand, more expensive ammo. In my experience it is not very accurate ammo.

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
Sorry to hear about the blowup... Curious to see how the ammo company handles things...

ps: Yoda is not amused... :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glad no one was hurt. Keep us posted on what replies you get from ammo manufacturer and kel-tec.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Glad he wasn't hurt. Most gun manufacturers don't cover for damage from reloads, but does that also apply to commercially available reloads (meaning not reloaded by private folks) like Bitterroot? Out of curiosity, can you see if there are any markings that trace to the original case brand? I think Bitterroot uses whatever brass they can get and mix it up in their boxes.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got off the phone with my friend...told me BitterRoot responded to his email and wanted him to send them the gun. He also took it to his gun dealer, and they sent it into Keltec for no fee. So Keltec gets first look.

I'll post again as soon as next info comes in.

GN

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yesterday, a friend was trying some Bitterroot ammo in his Keltec and the results were...Lets just say uncomfortable.

No injury but the pistol has no salvageable View attachment 1105 View attachment 1106 View attachment 1107 View attachment 1108 View attachment 1109 parts.
Yeah for Keltec! They said they are still doing analysis and suspect an ammo problem, but are going to replace everything with matching serials at no charge and then provide info on what happened. Let you guys know when analysis comes in...maybe 3-5 weeks more.

But was glad to see them stand behind it no matter what the source of problem!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts