Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sent this video on Facebook and thought I would share. I really like the K9 partners and what they bring to a department. I have worked in the past to raise money to buy bullet proof vests for K9s. Plus, I just love dogs!

Reactions: __jb

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Excellent video and music...

I love the IR helicopter shots of the criminals running and all of a sudden a K9 streaks into the picture and get them...

Good find...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome video! I was raised with German Shepherds and love 'em to death. Loyal and protective (amongst other fine qualities).

Thanks for sharing!

Highside
Being a BIG dog family, we have had many different breeds but I now have my first German Shepherd, who is about a year and half. He has been the best dog I have ever had. I love the breed and don't see this one being my last. I still have him intact and he has a good pedigree for show so I am hoping to breed him. The wife is wanting to take his manhood badly. LOL I'm doing all I can to save him. :)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good video. Here is a video I came across when I was researching dog trainers. This is actually the malinois, and not a German Shepherd but it's still a great video. Seeing the power that these dogs posses is amazing to me. Pulling a full size man out of a car window is spectacular in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Of course though I have to include some of my former co-workers, and of course the stars of the show. Ladies, and Gentleman Camp Bucca Iraq War DAWGS

http://blutube.policeone.com/Media/3232-CAMP-BUCCA-WAR-DOGS/

I will also say with out a doubt if you have never tried running, fighting or anything else with a 80-90 lbs land shark on your arm you haven't lived. I have even had one on each arm before. It is a experience. Thank God for good Bite suits

·
Registered
612 Posts
Never in my life have I been without dogs, couldn't imagine not having at least one. They so enrich our existence with their dedication, loyalty, attention, love. Shepherds are my favorite. My wife and I don't have kids...just fur kids. Always know where they're at @10pm, and they never ask for the keys to the car lol

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some of the things these dogs do is amazing, absolutely amazing. We have a patrol/tracking canine, and he earns his keep.
I enjoyed the story you told me where he was testing and they placed the drugs on top of the car. Instead of sitting by the car to alert for the drugs, he jumped up on top of it and sat by the drug. That and when he sat on the perps face after getting him. LOL

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Of course though I have to include some of my former co-workers, and of course the stars of the show. Ladies, and Gentleman Camp Bucca Iraq War DAWGS

http://blutube.policeone.com/Media/3232-CAMP-BUCCA-WAR-DOGS/

I will also say with out a doubt if you have never tried running, fighting or anything else with a 80-90 lbs land shark on your arm you haven't lived. I have even had one on each arm before. It is a experience. Thank God for good Bite suits
Man, those dogs can fly... I hope that wasn't you in those videos...

You'd think they could dislocate someone's arm by grabbing them as the run by...

·
None
1,525 Posts
I enjoyed the story you told me where he was testing and they placed the drugs on top of the car. Instead of sitting by the car to alert for the drugs, he jumped up on top of it and sat by the drug. That and when he sat on the perps face after getting him. LOL
On the one where he sat on the guy, we got a BOLO from a neighboring county to look for a vehicle that had just left the scene of a burglary. A deputy spotted the car almost immediately and turned in behind it. A chase then ensued with the driver eventually bailing from the car and running into the woods. The deputy and K9 chased him and found him trying to hide under a bush. The deputy ordered the dog to watch him (not sure of the correct term). The dog responded bu just sitting on the guy.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Man, those dogs can fly... I hope that wasn't you in those videos...

You'd think they could dislocate someone's arm by grabbing them as the run by...
None of those were me. I always tried to run faster than that as I knew how hard those Dogs hit.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.