Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

I shot one a few months ago, and liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I was in the "I'm not going to like this plastic gun" camp for a while. I appreciated the fact that they were rugged etc., but I didn't think it would feel any good. When I went to a gun store, the sales guy tried to get me to buy a .45 1911 for about $1,000. I didn't want to spend that kind of money, and I didn't really want a .45. My brother already talked me up from a .32 and a .380 to a 9mm as a minimum size for home defense. He thought I should get a revolver, because they go bang when you pull the trigger, and they don't have FTE and FTL's etc. I just don't like the look of revolvers, and I also don't like the fact that once you're out of your 5 to 7 bullets, you have to take a while to reload.

Anyway, I rented a Glock, mostly so I could prove to myself that I wouldn't like it. I shot it, and it felt nice in my hands, it didn't feel, "plastic" even though technically the frame IS plastic. It shot very consistently at all distances. I was able to keep my group under 8" at 25 yards without a rest. I've only shot pistols a few times in my life, and this was the first time I shot a Glock ever. At 7 yards, my group was about the size of my clenched fist. I actually really liked it. I started researching Glocks. I found that people have put several thousands of rounds through their Glock without so much as a single failure to feed or failure to eject. From then on, every pistol that I looked at I was comparing to a Glock in my head. I was lamenting over what gun to buy as I probably won't own too many pistols in my life. I am looking at this as a gun I want to last for the next 20 years, so it is a big deal for me to spend $500 bucks, and I want to get this decision right. My brother told me to quit obsessing, and go ahead and get the Glock. He was right. As soon as I gave the guy my money, I felt much better. I should be able to pick up my brand new G17 RTF2 later next week. Looking forward to shooting it, caring for it, and shooting it some more.

I look forward to getting loads of information from you,
DaveO

·
Registered
551 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. I carry a 17 everyday and have put thousands and thousand of round through it without a single problem. Good choice going with a higher capacity semi than a revolver.

And welcome to the sight.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I think that you made a good choice congrats on the new pistol and welcome to the "dark side"

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Congratulations on your new Glock, snewoevad!

I'm thinking about getting a new Glock 17 myself... or maybe a 22... can't decide...

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Welcome, you have just joined a top notch Glocking community. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Congrats on your first Glock. Be prepared to buy many more. They are like lays potatoe chips, you cant have just 1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.