Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you use IWB holsters?

I am thinking about getting one, just do not know which to get. I realize it is a personal, but at the same time, all you experienced folks out there can start me in the right direction.

My current holster is a Black Hawk Sherpa. Fits the G23 well. I do not mind using it around the house/grounds, but I think using a IWB would be easier to conceal. Correct me if I am wrong!

Anyway, just looking for thoughts on the subject...

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I seldom carry IWB anymore but for the past 12 years when I did I have carried a G23, G27, and even a G22 in a Ted Block leather IWB holster. The mouth of the holster is reinforced so it doesn't collapse when the gun is drawn to aid in re-holstering. I am a Kydex fan but for IWB i choose leather just because it feels more comfortable for me.

Shop owners used to look at me weird when i brought a blue gun in asking to try some holsters out. I started bring a blue gun after the first time one shop owner asked me to unload by carry gun before i tired it in holsters. I'd rather carry a blue gun into a store rather than unloading my only means of self defense just to try a holster out.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I have a Milt Sparks IWB that I use some. I like it. It is made of a sort of soft leather it is very comfortable to wear

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
For great holsters, that are fast to get, and kydex, I'd go with the Comp-Tac Volgrad mentioned or maybe a SuperTuck. For leather, if you are willing to wait, go with a Milt Sparks for IWB. Or, do what I did and order a SuperTuck, while you wait for the Milt Sparks. Once the Milt Sparks comes in, sell the SuperTuck. I'm not sure what the latest wait times are but SuperTucks/Comp-Tac usually arrive within a few weeks, while you will wait 6 months for the Milt Sparks.

I carried almost exclusively IWB for years but I've really started carrying OWB more. I had to buy jeans/pants 1 size larger to accommodate the IWB holster comfortably and that just gave my body an excuse to get a little rounder in the middle. While I still have my IWB holsters, and will wear them when needed, OWB works better for me. Also, keep in mind that I live in GA where there is no requirement to conceal. Although I usually conceal my firearms, I don't have to worry about my cover garment riding up or anything like that.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
For great holsters, that are fast to get, and kydex, I'd go with the Comp-Tac Volgrad mentioned or maybe a SuperTuck. For leather, if you are willing to wait, go with a Milt Sparks for IWB. Or, do what I did and order a SuperTuck, while you wait for the Milt Sparks. Once the Milt Sparks comes in, sell the SuperTuck. I'm not sure what the latest wait times are but SuperTucks/Comp-Tac usually arrive within a few weeks, while you will wait 6 months for the Milt Sparks.

I carried almost exclusively IWB for years but I've really started carrying OWB more. I had to buy jeans/pants 1 size larger to accommodate the IWB holster comfortably and that just gave my body an excuse to get a little rounder in the middle. While I still have my IWB holsters, and will wear them when needed, OWB works better for me. Also, keep in mind that I live in GA where there is no requirement to conceal. Although I usually conceal my firearms, I don't have to worry about my cover garment riding up or anything like that.
Milt is up to a 6 month wait now? Sheesh, well, maybe it was when I got mine to and just forgot. I honestly don't remember

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I've had mine for a few years now. It was 6 months then. I order stuff like that and just forget about it. It's a nice surprise when it shows up. I did the same when I ordered my suppressor. Better than waiting by the mailbox everyday. :)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Your probably right, I do the same thing. I have stuff show up all the time and will be like oh, I forgot about that. Well, I need it for whatever anyway. It has bit me before though as I have also had multiple purchases of the same thing show up from different companies. Sorry about the thread highjack WillsG22.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Greets,

I think you got some good starting advice. For what it's worth, I have a SuperTuck from Crossbreed. Great turn around time, and it works very well. It was between the Crossbreed and the C-Tac Mtac Minotaur as I wanted the leather backing. I've worn it both with a shirt tucked in and with a shirt tucked behind it (with a jacket providing the full concealment). I did order the Serpa concealment as I also want the OWB holster for more everyday carry, and keep the Crossbreed for when I need the IWB.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the suggestions, sorry as I've only the one, I can't give a good comparison. If you know or can talk to someone with both that might help with a more objective comparison.

Jeff

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been carrying a 1911 IWB for quite some time using a 5 Shot Leather Inside Burton Scabard (IBS), built by John Ralston. A new job requires a switch to a Glock 22 on duty and I will like alternate between the G22 and a G23 off-duty. John has built me an IBS and an OWB model CBS for the G22 which should be in transit to me as I type this.

http://www.5shotleather.com/ibs.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.