Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Please tell me that is a play or some type of church function or something. Not someone claiming to know the unknown

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
We have a billboard off of a highway near my home. For as long as I have lived here, someone has purchased both sides. One side says Jesus is coming, and the other side say something similar. I don't care what your religious beliefs, or non-beliefs are, just don't try to cram your belief down my throat.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I don't care what your religious beliefs, or non-beliefs are, just don't try to cram your belief down my throat.
Saying a billboard advertising someone's religious beliefs is cramming something down your throat is like saying a GCO/NRA/GON?etc sticker/decal/license plate on your car is cramming "gun beliefs" down the throat of the sheep. Just saying.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I hate it when they do that.
After thought..... I hate it because, while the "Coming" will occur, but no one knows when. No one. Soooo, when the billboard date comes and goes, it will be ridiculed, and those that believed will be discouraged. These folks aren't bad people, they are just misguided. The billboard ad isn't an attempt to force anything on anyone. They believe they are trying to save those who may read it. Anyone can ignore the Message. There's no reason to get your panties in a bunch.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Saying a billboard advertising someone's religious beliefs is cramming something down your throat is like saying a GCO/NRA/GON?etc sticker/decal/license plate on your car is cramming "gun beliefs" down the throat of the sheep. Just saying.
In my statement, the two weren't related. That would go against what I was saying. Like asking for nativity scenes to be taken down, or The Cross.

·
Registered
443 Posts
To whom it may concern........ ah....... I wasn't insinuating that you wear panties.

Well, unless you're a girl, then it would be ok to wear panties. Or not. Pretty much, in America, we have choices. A lot of choices. So, if you want to wear panties, I guess that's your choice. And, while it's politically correct to make that statement, I personally would not wear panties. I'm a guy. If you're not a girl, and you wear panties, the billboard is the last thing you should be concerned about. OK, I'm done.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
I think there's quite a difference between continually purchasing both sides of a large billboard alongside a public highway, and putting a small sticker on your own vehicle... Just saying.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
To whom it may concern........ ah....... I wasn't insinuating that you wear panties.

Well, unless you're a girl, then it would be ok to wear panties. Or not. Pretty much, in America, we have choices. A lot of choices. So, if you want to wear panties, I guess that's your choice. And, while it's politically correct to make that statement, I personally would not wear panties. I'm a guy. If you're not a girl, and you wear panties, the billboard is the last thing you should be concerned about. OK, I'm done.
I'm sitting here chuckling to myself reading your reply (above). THAT is a finely-tuned sense of humor! Thanks for the levity!

Chris

·
Registered
3,134 Posts

I know I'm late.... but THAT was funny!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I think there's quite a difference between continually purchasing both sides of a large billboard alongside a public highway, and putting a small sticker on your own vehicle... Just saying.
Not being argumentative so don't take this wrong JB. This is one of those cases where voice inflection would show I am just conversing, not upset or getting worked up in any way. I am just presenting my case for honest reflection.

How is there a difference between the billboard and decals on cars? Is said decal on the vehicle continously or is it put on and taken off before such time it offends the sheep? Free market says folks can purchase billboard space and there are no "term limits", right? Also, what does "along a public highway" have to do with anything? Don't you drive cars on public highways .... cars with stickers on them?

My beliefs as a Christian have nothing to with my feelings on this one. I would feel the same if the message was something about Buddha. I just don't find someone advertising for a church, a religion, a hair club for men, etc. is forcing anything down my throat or in any way out of line so long as the actual message or graphics isn't seen as offensive to social norms ... ie no nudity, profanity, etc.\

Now, I don't like billboards that require me to have an uncomfortable conversation with my young child. That does suck.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Not being argumentative so don't take this wrong JB. This is one of those cases where voice inflection would show I am just conversing, not upset or getting worked up in any way. I am just presenting my case for honest reflection.

How is there a difference between the billboard and decals on cars? Is said decal on the vehicle continously or is it put on and taken off before such time it offends the sheep? Free market says folks can purchase billboard space and there are no "term limits", right? Also, what does "along a public highway" have to do with anything? Don't you drive cars on public highways .... cars with stickers on them?

My beliefs as a Christian have nothing to with my feelings on this one. I would feel the same if the message was something about Buddha. I just don't find someone advertising for a church, a religion, a hair club for men, etc. is forcing anything down my throat or in any way out of line so long as the actual message or graphics isn't seen as offensive to social norms ... ie no nudity, profanity, etc.\

Now, I don't like billboards that require me to have an uncomfortable conversation with my young child. That does suck.
It seems like a lot of you jump on TheLaw a lot... I know you are all friends, but... I just wanted to get his back this time...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It seems like a lot of you jump on TheLaw a lot... I know you are all friends, but... I just wanted to get his back this time...
TheLaw is a close personal friend. True. I do give him a hard time. True.

I don't call my comment "jumping on him". I just had a differing opinion on this topic. He knows this. It's all good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.