Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd say this is a pretty justified shooting here. The cops were clearly telling him to drop the axe and one officer tried to taser the suspect but it did not work. But I gotta say, whatever happened to three shots, assess the situation, and shoot again if need be? That's what they teach you in the academy. The officer unloaded pretty quickly from a short distance but I can't say I blame him to a degree that perp was a legit threat and he was getting ready to swing at the other officer. This situation would have been avoided had the perp just applied with police commands.

*WARNING* Video may not be appropriate if some younger folk are around your computer or speakers.

Deadly Force at Carls Jr. - Videos - POLICE Magazine

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just can't believe how desensitized to violence these kids are in the video. Blame that one on all these video games and movies. I hope I'm never faced with a situation like this but I won't hesitate when it comes to officer safety and safety of civilians and myself. I like the comments where the kids were saying they should have hit him with a baton or shoot him in the leg, yeah obviously they aren't too bright on their use of force knowledge...

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'd say this is a pretty justified shooting here. The cops were clearly telling him to drop the axe and one officer tried to taser the suspect but it did not work. But I gotta say, whatever happened to three shots, assess the situation, and shoot again if need be? That's what they teach you in the academy. The officer unloaded pretty quickly from a short distance but I can't say I blame him to a degree that perp was a legit threat and he was getting ready to swing at the other officer. This situation would have been avoided had the perp just applied with police commands.

*WARNING* Video may not be appropriate if some younger folk are around your computer or speakers.

Deadly Force at Carls Jr. - Videos - POLICE Magazine
Im going to preface this with, I was not there, I was not in that position, and I did not see what the officers saw.

First off while some academies may teach the 2 or 3 than check, most that know whats going on in the streets dont. The whole 2 rounds down is outdated. We are finding time and time again that BG's just arnt going down in 2-3 rounds. We are teaching just what that officer did. At least 40-50 percent of your capacity right off the bat. end the bad guys life cycle as fast as possible. The officer got about 6 shots off pretty quickly, especially one handed. if he was using both hands you should be able to get those 6 off in well under 2 secs.

It looks like the officer was justified, the BG spun around and looked like he was well in distance to take a swing at the cop on the left and that he was going to. Also it seems that the officer on the left shot after the officer with the canine. It seemed like it could have been a case of sympathetic fire... but not being able to see the BG because of the car its hard to say.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
The only problem I have with this video is the mood of the dudes filming it. Its a sad society that we live in that kids of any age can be so insensitive towards such violence as some you also pointed out. I blame their parents for not raising them better. The LEO definitely did the right thing. I don't think the round count here makes much difference. There are a lot of things to consider. I would imagine each officer had enough adrenalin flowing to lift a dump truck if they had to. The BG was an obvious threat. He clearly made an aggressive gesture towards the one officer. I would have shot him too. I would be very surprised and outraged if any of these officers saw any kind of disciplinary actions.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Just wait until the first time you get a BG that is strung out on PCP. From experience I'll just say use every tool in your bag or mag. These guys are one of the reasons so many departments got rid of their 9mm and went to .40's.

·
Registered
551 Posts
WTF over?

Maybe it will get "clipped" as it should. this post has no relevance to the OP or the thread at all...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chill, KeithD. We don't need the hostility over something so stupid as a video I thought was interesting. I just saw the video and thought it was interesting and thought I'd share and see opinions on tactics performed by the officer(s). And this is the "Law Enforcement" section and yes I'd say the video deals with "LAW ENFORCEMENT". After all, it wasn't a civilian that tased, had a K9, and shot the BG. I believe he was wearing a badge and a uniform...

·
Registered
551 Posts
JT my reply was to a stupid cop bashing post above the one I made. it looks like it was deleted. it didnt have anything to do with your post man.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's all good, KeithD. My bad on the mis-read. I wasn't completely following you but I'm picking up what you're throwing down now.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I'm still lost, I though KiethD was talking about the post above him by OSS ......

holy bat cra**, batman !

LOL

glad it got straightened out .....

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
There was a post made by someone that was nothing more than bashing on some Police Officers not even on this video and it was deleted. It had nothing to do with anything in the thread even.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I never saw that post so I got confused by what was going on haha. That was my bad.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looked justified to me, the K-9 officer did a great job and made a good split second move. That bar was being swung towards the other officers head from my perspective.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not a LEO, but my oldest son is. Most civilians have NO idea what LEOs deal with. God bless you all!

Fortunately, I live in Polk County Florida where we have a great sheriff. He is well known to support his officers when 'it' hits the fan- and civilians , too, for that matter.

·
Registered
337 Posts
For not being a LEO but knowing a lot via interaction when I was on the fire truck for many moons. I say the officers handled the situation well. They tried their non-lethal tools, no effect. BG takes a swing, officer feared for his life and the life of another (third party) officer, lethal force justified.
Unless a LEO does something totally obviously out of line, I will always stand behind them and offer my respect. The Bravo Siera they have to put up with while on duty, I make it a point to thank an officer for what they do when I see them. Some are like totally surprised and caught off guard "excuse me, sir. But did you just thank me for my choice of being a police officer and for being on duty this evening?" Yep, sure did! Officer response "Man, you will never know how much I needed to hear that. Ran a blah blah call earlier and your comment was perfectly timed."

Okay, so now you all know probably more than you wanted to know about me but I am sincere and not a Sheeple. I've been a Volunteer Fire Fighter specializing in Heavy and Tactical Rescue over 30 years now.
Been to way to many funerals for LEOs that I interacted with on calls. As well as Fire Fighter funerals.

Take care my extended family.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Right after they shot him they took him inside and made the double meat daily deluxe with him

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looked justified to me, the K-9 officer did a great job and made a good split second move. That bar was being swung towards the other officers head from my perspective.
It would have been nice to have turned the dog loose! Was the dog eating his lunch at Hardee's or there for a photo shoot?

Shooting someone is the last option in the book!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great video...thanks for sharing! And yes...it does belong in this section.
Chill, KeithD. We don't need the hostility over something so stupid as a video I thought was interesting. I just saw the video and thought it was interesting and thought I'd share and see opinions on tactics performed by the officer(s). And this is the "Law Enforcement" section and yes I'd say the video deals with "LAW ENFORCEMENT". After all, it wasn't a civilian that tased, had a K9, and shot the BG. I believe he was wearing a badge and a uniform...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts