Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm glad everything turned out well for you Johnnie. I own a few Gen4 Glocks and I have not had any problems with them at all. I would have to say that most companies will try everything in their power to remedy a problem with their product. Enjoy your little baby.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did Lee by any chance tell you what the problem was that caused the damage to the frame?:confused:
Believe it or not, I didn't inquire nor push the issue although I'd have liked to have known. The RSA has been replaced with a new one (018) without the warped rear retaining washer that was apparent in my original spring assembly.

jrn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Launch Control - All Systems are NOMINAL!

Further Update, - Spent yesterday afternoon shooting the newly repaired G27 Glock and have managed to reach my 200 round threshold. Yes, I know this gun is still a babe in the woods! Although I was told that the gouging was once normal, the new NORMAL leaves the frame unscathed in any way, what a pleasant surprise.

I was so excited after returning home that I ignored my better judgment and cleaned the little baby. I probably used some unauthorized solvent (like Hoppe's #9) and some Rem Oil for lubrication, but the pistol hasn't dissolved yet!. A little bit of baby Rem oil goes a long way.

I've attached a couple of photos to document the lack of abuse on the new frame. I wish all stories had a happened ending.

Respectfully,
JohnnieBush

Glock 27 - A.jpg Glock 27 - B.jpg

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Very nice. Nothing wrong with Hoppes #9, I use it on all my weapons. I get my 26 back tomorrow with the new TFO night sights on it and can't hardly wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Night Sights - A Shot in the DARK!

Very nice. Nothing wrong with Hoppes #9, I use it on all my weapons. I get my 26 back tomorrow with the new TFO night sights on it and can't hardly wait.
I'm really happy for you and know how you feel, - Guns have always brought me a LOT of enjoyment and provided security. TRUGLO TFO are really nice sights. In fact, I like them better that the standard Glock night sights. Until getting my free set from Glock, I was kind of leaning toward the XAS Big Dot Tritium. I was right on the edge of jumping for it. The sight is a little unorthodox for me, but provides wicked fast target acquisition, which I like.

My gun is still better than me and I have to keep grinding away at the BASICS to improve!

Have fun,
JohnnieBush

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't (and wouldn't) own any Gen 4 Glocks.

I just checked my Glock Mod. 22's frame (Gen 3 or 2). I bought it new around 1993. It has 2,150 rounds through it. There isn't a mark on the frame anywhere. On my Glock, the area in your photo looks like NOTHING has ever touched it. That is the case with all six of my Glocks & I have more than 16,000 rounds through them. I purchased three of them when I was working in retail firearms & my ammo was half price. None of them have ever malfunctioned.

Glock must think their customers are complete morons who can be made to believe anything - including "It's normal for a gun to self-destruct as you shoot it," and "Malfunctions are caused by your ammo."

On the other hand, we can't expect Glock to be honest & say, "We wanted to save money by outsourcing frames & parts to cheaper manufacturers."
Like stated back in this thread Gen 4's are just fine. Both of my glocks are gen 4 and my 19 has 2,000 rounds through it now and besides a few fte's which I attribute to new shooter and limp wristing it has had no problems, and my 23 is almost to 1,000 and no problems what so ever not even a failure to eject. It has been flawless and thanks to Froglube and very attentive cleaning before froglube, it could be put back into the box and sold brand new, it doesn't have a single wear mark on it. I have had a Glock 26 that was Gen 4 and it didn't have any problems either. Gen 4's are just fine in my book, in the end a Glock is a Glock in my opinion.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts