Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I was wondering if it’s worth reducing the trigger pull on my glock 17, the reason why is if that allows the glock to perform faster firing, and I also want to know if that possible with the stock 5lb trigger pull? and if your tasking why i dont try rapid fire myself, its becuse the wack range i go to dose not allow it :(

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I choose to leave all my Glock triggers stock so that The trigger will feel the same wether im shooting 9mm, .40cal or 357 sig. The only other pistol I have is a Kimber and theres no way to make a Glock trigger feel like a 1911 trigger without reliability issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a g19 that I put a 3.5 trigger in it,polished the complete trigger bar,and put in a 4# firing pin spring in it.It has a very light and crisp trigger pull,just like a 1911.There is no creep or mushiness at all.I know some people may not like this but I'm the one carrying it and I'm careful with it.As long as you don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot your fine.That should be everyones safety margin anyway. sj
I should also state that it is very dependable,never any problems at all.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Heres my stance on changing stuff. Why would take a reliable pistol and start throwin aftermarket parts in it? People buy pistols and start changing stuff. Why?

Do you really think that a pound lighter trigger is going to solve your accuracy problems? Maybe it might shave a millisecond of your reset time but is that worth risking reliability?

99.9 percent of the issues with glock reliability ive seen are from people trying to fix a problem that isnt there.

Most people will never see it I suppose but when you are shooting 2,000 plus rounds a month you'll find the after market parts, no matter how good they claim to be, dont hold muster.

Like the saying goes you cant fix a software problem with hardware.

especially with self defense pistols there are to many options out there that are great reliable guns out of the box to be buying something that needs work to be done to it.

just dont see the point in it...its not like its a 10 lbs trigger pull.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Glock triggers are like wives, it takes a little time getting used to them. I love the stock Glock trigger. Once you learn it, from use, others feel weird.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Really depends on what you are doing with it. If its for self defense, all I would do is the .25 cent trigger job. If its being used for competition, do want ever you can to make it lighter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.