Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,536 Posts
I can not see any danger with it, just want to make sure the mounting screw does not project past the bottom of the tap.

·
Super Moderator
6,536 Posts
I have no rmr weapons, but seems like it should not, go all the way through.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with it... Just make sure you trim the screw (if needed) so that it doesn't interfere with the extractor... Take the extractor out and shine a flashlight down the hole... or feel down there with a drill bit or something to make sure it doesn't interfere... and use loctite to make sure the screws don't back out.

·
Super Moderator
3,259 Posts
It's not uncommon but not right either. I've seen through holes from some good shops, not much margin.

If you're as OCD as you indicated in your other post, I'm really sorry this happened. The gun can still function fine as long as the screw doesn't extend into the channel, but I can't imagine knowing the hole goes through won't mess with your head.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It's not uncommon but not right either. I've seen through holes from some good shops, not much margin.

If you're as OCD as you indicated in your other post, I'm really sorry this happened. The gun can still function fine as long as the screw doesn't extend into the channel, but I can't imagine knowing the hole goes through won't mess with your head.
LOL thanks for the concern if it's covered with the RMR or cover plate and I can't see it its fine. I just don't like sloppy work and with the front serrations I impulse bought that have machine tool marks i'm just not happy with the whole experience. Thanks for taking the time to give me your take on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not uncommon at all. As has already been mentioned, the proper screws are key. The ones that come with an RMR are NOT the correct screws to use on a Glock pistol. If the screw is too long, you can have extraction issues.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Seeing this and the other post on the Slide Marks thingy, I can say (in my personal opinion) that the workmanship is really not good. I myself wouldn't want to see imperfections after sending a brand new firearm to get "professionally done". The TiN coating looks smudged also on the front sight in the other post.

Brazen Firearms did poor quality control on allowing the FA to be released to the client like this. Yes, it will eventually be battered and stuff once WillyWantAGun uses it for quite some time, but for a brand new FA, I would personally want to initially enjoy its pristine looks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seeing this and the other post on the Slide Marks thingy, I can say (in my personal opinion) that the workmanship is really not good. I myself wouldn't want to see imperfections after sending a brand new firearm to get "professionally done". The TiN coating looks smudged also on the front sight in the other post.

Brazen Firearms did poor quality control on allowing the FA to be released to the client like this. Yes, it will eventually be battered and stuff once WillyWantAGun uses it for quite some time, but for a brand new FA, I would personally want to initially enjoy its pristine looks.
I kind of felt the same way, though to Brazens credit they have offered to pay for return shipping to fix the issues. He also said if I wanted to I could shoot it for a while and then down the road send it in with the barrel and he will fix the separations and re-TiN both of them.

·
Super Moderator
3,259 Posts
I kind of felt the same way, though to Brazens credit they have offered to pay for return shipping to fix the issues. He also said if I wanted to I could shoot it for a while and then down the road send it in with the barrel and he will fix the separations and re-TiN both of them.
That's about as reasonable as someone can be in this situation, good for them!

I wouldn't wait too long though, only because time fades memories. I'd hate to have to try to convince someone they committed to something they don't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,536 Posts
I am with MtStream, take the offer now, while everyone is in agreement.

·
Super Moderator
3,259 Posts
I didn’t take my dots off my MOS models to check, but I do not remember ever seeing the screw hole go all the way through on an MOS model.

It’s common with custom cut slides and screws long enough to interfere with the extractor depressor plunger are a common issue. With the right size screw, it’s not an issue that it goes all the way through in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts