Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I was in my twenties, I was anti-gun, even though my father was an armorer in the US Army. I believed that if you kept out of trouble & out of bad neighborhoods, you didn't need a gun.

Then one person changed my mind: Charles Manson (may he NOT REST in hell).

Since my father had a Walther PP as an award piece for service in Iran, I gravitated to the Walther PPK/S. I've since owned a variety of revolvers & pistols, but settled on a stainless Walther PPK/s, a 1911 Dan Wesson CBOB, & a couple 1911 Colts, which I use in IPSC/USPSA shooting, where I am a Range Officer.

I've effectively concealed-carried both the 1911s & the Walther. However, recently I've been thinking that the Walther is not really a good defensive handgun & ammo combination.

So, I looked around for something in 9mm about the size of the Walther, & this month I added a Glock G43x Gen 5.

This week I started looking for forums. I picked this one because it had the SMALLEST number of members, figuring that the idiots would be attracted to the larger forums. It also was run by the same organization that runs the Walther forum.

Still, I wasn't going to join, until I read a couple threads that were really helpful about cleaning & disassembly. So, here I am.

Reactions: glocktoter

·
Administrator
7,038 Posts
Welcome to the Glock.pro forums! You're probably the first new member to say that they joined because we were small... But, glad you did... We are a small, but friendly forum... Let us know if you're looking for something you can't find in the forum.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Glock pistols.

Gaz

Reactions: Dean Gibson

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hello and welcome! Glad you came to the conclusion that a gun is just an object, and the real weapon is what it has always been...the mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts