Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting in Subcompact and Guardian. Last night, I sorted through the numbers for the Competition division looking at the amateur scores. There was one guy that was in the low 50s, but the rest of the top amateur shooters were in the low 70s.

I figure the guy that was in the low 50s will enough three matches soon enough and be promoted to master.

I'm shooting mid-high 70s right now with my G19, but think I can get that to 75 or better in short order.

I'm thinking for the next GSSF match that I may shoot the G34 in the Competition division and make a run at the low 70s. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I was thinking the same thing myself. I don't shoot as lot as you but my best Sunday was 105.xx with my G26. I was surprised how many folks were shooting GxxC guns and G34/35s. None seemed "competitive" really either. I think they were just shooting what they had and due to the restrictions on stock guns that put them in the Competition division. I will most likely shoot AmCiv19, Sub26, and Comp34 in Griffin. What can it hurt? It's more practice runs and another chance at a random draw gun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sure, why not? You already have the 34. Are you saying enter all 3 divisions? Wouldn't shooting 3 divisions require you to go thru the line twice? I think the rules state you can only shoot 2 divisions each time you are up.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the same thing myself. I don't shoot as lot as you but my best Sunday was 105.xx with my G26. I was surprised how many folks were shooting GxxC guns and G34/35s. None seemed "competitive" really either. I think they were just shooting what they had and due to the restrictions on stock guns that put them in the Competition division. I will most likely shoot AmCiv19, Sub26, and Comp34 in Griffin. What can it hurt? It's more practice runs and another chance at a random draw gun.
I'd like to shoot three divisions, but that is a lot of stuff to carry, plus, you can only shoot two divisions in a row. Then you have to give up the firing position for at least one shooter.

I would enjoy making a road trip to some of the matches further away and shoot on both Saturday and Sunday doing two divisions on each day.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Not sure if all ROs or all matches enforce a "only 2 in a row" rule. I saw folks shoot 3 in a row on Sunday on more than one occasion. Not saying it was correct ... just that I saw it and noted it. Not a big deal shooting 2, stepping off, then back on for the last one. We usually travel in packs anyway. I'll just let one of you in between my strings.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I like the idea. I noticed Sunday that those two guys we got behind at the plates were both shooting 34's. It looked like they were both pretty new to the Glock platform, although I may be wrong. They only had 3 mags each, when they needed 4 for the plates so I assume it was their first GSSF match as well. They would have been in the Competition class.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if all ROs or all matches enforce a "only 2 in a row" rule. I saw folks shoot 3 in a row on Sunday on more than one occasion. Not saying it was correct ... just that I saw it and noted it. Not a big deal shooting 2, stepping off, then back on for the last one. We usually travel in packs anyway. I'll just let one of you in between my strings.
The rule states two in a row. The RO has discretion to allow more than two if nobody objects.

On the Glock-M, there were two guys in front of me that shot four divisions. They kept swapping back and forth after two divisions. I didn't see where that made it any faster than letting them get through with all of their divisions. It only speeds things up for the other shooters if a person shoots two guns and then has to move to the back of the line.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I saw the topic of this thread "I'm thinking for the next GSSF match..." and thought you were going to say a bullet proof vest... sorry, that's only half funny...

I like the idea of shooting a 34 for the comp division... Any idea how soon the 4th generation G34 is going to be out?

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw the topic of this thread "I'm thinking for the next GSSF match..." and thought you were going to say a bullet proof vest... sorry, that's only half funny...

I like the idea of shooting a 34 for the comp division... Any idea how soon the 4th generation G34 is going to be out?
I think any day now if not already on Gen4 34/35.

I've been looking through some of the scores from matches around the SE. I have found one match where my best subcom score would have won the amateur, but for the most part, I think I would be more competative as a rule in the Am Comp division.

I guess I could shoot in three divisions. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.