Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to buy my next Glock. I currently have a G21 gen3 that I really enjoy! But I am now in the market for a CCW. I really want one of each caliber, but my bank account (and wife!) won't allow it. On one hand I want a different caliber than my 21 and thought that a 9mm would be a good option especially for lower cost ammunition/cheaper trips to the range!! On the other hand I really like the .45 ACP platform and if I bought a sub compact .45 ACP I would only have to invest in one caliber of ammo for both guns. I am ready to "pull the trigger" on this purchase but I am struggling with this decision.

I'd like to hear your thoughts Help me make the right decision!!

Thanks in advance!!

·
None
1,480 Posts
I'd still go with the G19 for several reasons. The ammo is cheaper, and if another ammo crunch hits, having two separate calibers makes it easier to at least find some ammo.

Of course, a counterargument for staying with ACP all the way around can be easily made.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd still go with the G19 for several reasons. The ammo is cheaper, and if another ammo crunch hits, having two separate calibers makes it easier to at least find some ammo.

Of course, a counterargument for staying with ACP all the way around can be easily made.
See...even you did it. Everytime I think 19, I counter with a 30 argument. Then vice versa!:confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Carry the Glock 21. It's not that difficult; just go one size larger on your shirt size and get a Comp-Tac C-Tac. Set it forward so there is lots of forward cant. Then get a Glock 30SF...you can use the Glock 21 magazines as spares and carry the 10 round magazine in the gun.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I recommend getting a G19 as well. I noticed that as ammo was short 9mm and .40cal were always on the shelves. It's a nice pistol as well. It'll probably be my next glock. But enough with me.

G19 offers you:
-new caliber
-inexpensive ammo
-able to carry concealed
-not too small not too big
-low recoil
-afford more trips to the range
-it's a GLOCK can't go wrong either way. :)

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
I'll really mess you up. Get a G38.

LOL

If it's only between the two, I'd say go G19!

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Difficult to say really. I can only speak for myself here. I have both among numerous others and I can honestly say that the 9mm gets a lot more range time due to cost of ammo. Ultimately it is up to you and your financial adviser (wife) but I would recommend the 9mm. You can get a lot more practice in for the same amount of money for ammo.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I knew I was going to really like this forum! Great advice from everyone. Even the G38 recommendation (was on my short list)!

I am still on the fence, but leaning a little bit more towards the G19 side primarily for the cost and availability of the 9mm ammo. However, I really like the feel and cool factor that goes with the G30, and I already have a fair amount of .45 ACP ammo.

Oh well, guess I will make another stop at the gun shop and "fondle" them both (I'm talking about the guns here!!:p) a few more times and just make a decision! Then save up to buy the other one somewhere in the not-to-distant future!!

THANKS AGAIN for the excellent feedback. You folks are great!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I knew I was going to really like this forum! Great advice from everyone. Even the G38 recommendation (was on my short list)!

I am still on the fence, but leaning a little bit more towards the G19 side primarily for the cost and availability of the 9mm ammo. However, I really like the feel and cool factor that goes with the G30, and I already have a fair amount of .45 ACP ammo.

Oh well, guess I will make another stop at the gun shop and "fondle" them both (I'm talking about the guns here!!:p) a few more times and just make a decision! Then save up to buy the other one somewhere in the not-to-distant future!!

THANKS AGAIN for the excellent feedback. You folks are great!!
If you "fondle" anything else that financial adviser might just take care of that decision for you!!
IMO though I would consider the 19 for all the reasons listed above. Like G23SNT,someday down the road I would like to get one myself.:cool:

·
Registered
354 Posts
i'm carrying a 27 but just picked up a 30. if we like each other at the range, i'll carry the 30.

it's just a squeak smaller than a 19/23, has one more rd than the 27 and is a bump up to a .45.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you "fondle" anything else that financial adviser might just take care of that decision for you!!
Ain't that the truth!!

Well, I looked at the G19 again and I think that is the direction I'm going for the next purchase....BUT....as soon as I can afford it, the G30 will be mine!

Once again, I really appreciate all the feedback!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now with that said....pick one before your CFO ( chief financial officer ) aka wife brings up that whole recession thing.:)
It's funny you said that, she has been a CFO and is currently a partner in an accounting firm. Needless to say, she is tough when it comes to my "hobby" expenses!!

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
I would go with the G30.You all ready have extra mags for it and you can buy just one caliber of ammo.Plus I think the G30 is the perfect carry gun.
Welcome to the Glock Forums, two guns... Like your screen name..

Unusual combination of two guns... a 29 and a 30... fun to shoot, I'll bet!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.