Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it didn't go as smooth as I would have liked, but the end result of adding the Ghost "Rocket" 3.5# kit in my gen 4 G17 has made a "Rocket Man" of me!

I had some "difficulties" installing the kit, not due to the kit's inherent difficulty, just due my own inexperience and lack of gunsmith skills or experience. I received help from some forum members though, and after a couple of less than perfect trips to my private range, the Mojave desert, all is now well with my newly upgraded G17.

The Ghost kit has made a terrific improvement to my shooting.... I'm still not the best shot, but by reducing the "long" pull of the standard Glock trigger and lightening and smoothing the break, has greatly helped with my low left jerk shots... They are still easily done by me, but I can see light at the end of that tunnel.

Reset is shorter and quicker, and also helps with getting back on target easier and faster. I don't "feel" that the weapon is less safe, just more effective and easier to shoot accurately.

All in all, that was a project worth doing!:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Glad you like it

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good for you, ed! glad you like it. makes your feel like you accomplished something when you customize your own gun, doesn't it? :)
Yes, Don it does... Initially I thought the orange slide plate cover looked a little over done, now it's a merit badge! LOL It sure does make a positive difference for my shooting....

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yes, Don it does... Initially I thought the orange slide plate cover looked a little over done, now it's a merit badge! LOL It sure does make a positive difference for my shooting....
don't shoot your glock with the orange slide cover!! that's simply an armorer's tool that allows you to release the striker with the glock tool! it's not made to stay in place while shooting, and leave a gap where debris can exit into your face!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't shoot your glock with the orange slide cover!! that's simply an armorer's tool that allows you to release the striker with the glock tool! it's not made to stay in place while shooting, and leave a gap where debris can exit into your face!
Thanks for the heads up! I just went back and re-read the instructions and I don't see anything about that.... I don't doubt you, I'm just surprised that it's not there! I have been known to miss an instruction or two, so it's not impossible that I just missed it, but even looking specifically for that, I can't see it... I'll take care of that before I shoot it again, but I have put a couple of hundred down desert already "in orange"....

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I just went back and re-read the instructions and I don't see anything about that.... I don't doubt you, I'm just surprised that it's not there! I have been known to miss an instruction or two, so it's not impossible that I just missed it, but even looking specifically for that, I can't see it... I'll take care of that before I shoot it again, but I have put a couple of hundred down desert already "in orange"....
lol! that's just the amrorer's tool, my friend. it's just used for fitting the connector. glock sells them too as an armorer's tool. get that sucker off there! lol :)

it's just a piece of rubber, not metal and polymer like the real slide cover plate!

glad you're ok, my friend! that's not meant to be strong enough to contain the striker/extractor parts during firing! good thing you're not wearing the striker assembly in your face!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol! that's just the amrorer's tool, my friend. it's just used for fitting the connector. glock sells them too as an armorer's tool. get that sucker off there! lol :)

it's just a piece of rubber, not metal and polymer like the real slide cover plate!
"Chicks dig scars!" But, I'm glad I didn't have to explain that one to the Missus! It is a strong little bit o' plastic... I was shooting 127 grain +p+ JHP and 124 grain +p FMJ yesterday too! Mostly 115 FMJ though... ignorance is bliss!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.