Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least for the foreseeable future - this is a big deal as there are new models out and I can't stand to not own them! But my dream gun has always been a custom Tac-ops rifle built by Mike R. I had decided to get a semi-auto 6.5 Creedmoor and save the money for a top quality one. My only requirement was it had to be very accurate. I kept going back and forth between Seekins, GA Precision and JP Enterprises, but while all have some very accurate builds out there, there's no guarantee that the one I bought would be.

So the more I debated about it and the more I looked at my gun allowance balance I finally decided I should at least call Tac-Ops and find out how close I was to owning the dream. Turns out I wasn't even 1/2 way there . . . BUT, the current wait time is between a year and 18 months. It doesn't take but a few minutes on the phone with Mike to catch his enthusiasm for a perfect rifle so all the money I had saved just went towards a down payment on a nice used car, sorry, new rifle w/can.

Mike guarantees his rifles will shoot 1/4 MOA with commercial ammunition but the targets I've seen haven't started with a .2x" but a .0x" at 100yds. Just unbelievable accuracy! Only question is how long will it be after paying off the rifle before I can afford an appropriate scope to start shooting it (and ammo) :rolleyes:

Even before I committed to buying the rifle, I had already had a dream about it - only problem was in the dream the rifle arrived but was setup for a left handed shooter :D:D:D

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Dreams are scary sometimes, in mine every-time I go to pull the trigger on frank he comes apart into pieces or the mag drops spilling the ammo, or .....

sounds like you need a side job !

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
Congratulations!

Good plan... Get what you want... Now start reading up on scopes!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Go for it and enjoy.

Gaz

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dreams are scary sometimes, in mine every-time I go to pull the trigger on frank he comes apart into pieces or the mag drops spilling the ammo, or .....

sounds like you need a side job !

My nightmare is pulling the trigger and discovering my gun has a NY2 spring with a + connector :p

I'm gonna have to start working the hustle and buying/selling some stuff.

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations!

Good plan... Get what you want... Now start reading up on scopes!
Yeah, scopes are painful
1) picking the right features - focal plane, reticle, etc. etc.
2) paying for it!

If any of you are NRA Patriot Life members be sure to check out the Expertcity access they give you as a benefit!!! Those discounts are no joke! Nightforce Optics are 35% off, so they're kinda high on the list. I have a Vortex PST that can carry me for awhile if I can't get the scope before the rifle arrives but I'm hoping I can get a scope ahead of time to have Tac-Ops put it on.

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
Wow... 35% is incredible!

Save up for the right scope, too... From what I understand they are as important as the rifle in PRS...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am on PSA's email list. I hesitated on buying an upper due to changing jobs. I got a Gen2 complete PSA AR10 lower for $149 shipped. I don't want stainless so it gets into the higher $$ for nitride or CHF. I have 1000rds of Wolf Mil-Spec waiting.............no mags yet...........

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Texas Hehello? (need to say it with yankee accent trying to sound south of the border)

Gaz

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reviving this 2 years + 3 months old thread because after an extremely long wait, my dream rifle is finally here. The world changed a lot in the time it took for this creature to be born!

Here it is with and without the custom can. TacOps Delta in 6.5 Creedmoor. After waiting 2 years, opening the case was a little anti-climatic, until . . . I saw the test target .064” 3 shot group! That makes me want to just sit and stare at the rifle all day. Where Mike is truly amazing is that test target was shot with factory ammo right out of the box (no custom load required). I honestly can’t believe I own this thing!

Anyone know a good way to get the remaining shipping label off the Plano case?

Hoping to get to the range in the next couple of weeks. What little ammo I have cost me $4/rd so there won’t be much shooting until things settle down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
Reviving this 2 years + 3 months old thread because after an extremely long wait, my dream rifle is finally here. The world changed a lot in the time it took for this creature to be born!

Anyone know a good way to get the remaining shipping label off the Plano case?

Hoping to get to the range in the next couple of weeks. What little ammo I have cost me $4/rd so there won’t be much shooting until things settle down.
Sweet!!! That's a beauty... Looks like it shoots great, too... Ever think about shooting PRS?

Use 'Goo Gone' to get rid of the shipping label adhesive.

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hadn't thought about PRS. Part of the dream is to successfully make a 1 mile shot. Between 100yds and 1 mile, I have a LOT of learning to do. I was hoping to focus my energies on training for longer distances. With ammo costs I've actually started researching how much could be learned/transferred from training with precision air rifles at shorter distances.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Soak the sticker with WD40 and let it set, it will peel off and then use alcohol to clean the wd off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts