Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were to start buying Glocks over again, would you start with what you have now or would you go in a different direction? For me I am really liking this Glock 23. If I where starting my collection today I think I would replace all my 22's with the 23. Then I would go with the 27. What say you? If you were starting over, what would you do?

I'm not planning on selling anything, I thought it would be fun to see where people would go with this after having some experience.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I would keep it the same. I started with the G23 then recently I picked up a 27. I love both. The 23 is a good introduction to Glock. It has that power of the .40 cal round with out the snappiness of a 27. It's more concealable than the 22. All around it's a winner. I think I'll get a 19 next.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Good topic.

A while back I did a very close head to head comparison of a G17 and a G34. In fact, I even swapped trigger components between the two models to get the comparison as close as possible. I ended up going with the 17 at the time because I was faster on target with it. However, I later used a GSSF certificate to get a G34. Upon spending time with it, it has made the G17 somewhat the odd gun out as I shoot my 19 better than my 17 and have come to like the 34 better than the 17.

I jumped into the GAP getting a 37 and a 38 at the same time. Doing it over again, I'd probably get the 39 over the 37.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
If I could start all over again there are lots of things I would do different. But I can't so no need in going into it all

·
Registered
248 Posts
Got a OD G23 first, then a OD G27. I wouldn't change a thing. The next ones I want are a Gen4 G35 and Gen4 G20 when/if they come out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great idea for a topic.

Even though I keep reasoning that with proper loadings that my Glock 22 does offer the greatest amount of practical versatility(for me, not everyone), I have a nagging habit of wandering back into the "what-if" world & ping ponging between the Glock 17 &, particularly, the 21; the "what-if" surrounding the Glock 17 is more around how poorly I may shoot the medium, higher velocity loads that typically make up the selection of target loads for the .40 (in other words, it's the result of a bad day at the range :rolleyes: ) while as for the 21, the idea of the larger, softer shooting "American .45" in a more filling grip sturs some interest.

However, as one can see, these "what-if's" are generated more of interest than experience & facts. With the 21 being thicker & heavier unloaded than even my 22 with a 1.6 ounce Tungsten guide rod, especially when dealing with a fully loaded high capacity .45, a skinny guy like me has some concerns of how comfortable it would be for concealed carry. As for the 17, I simply am not a fan of the 9mm(such as the "pop" of it's recoil[even though I seem to be able to shoot it more accurately than the medium .40 loads I mentioned earlier]) outside of just wanting something to go "bang" that's less expensive & more than a .22 for target shooting.

So in the end, I can't say that I regret my choice or would prefer another by the end of the day.

BTW: Before someone suggests the Glock 30 if I am concerned with size & weight, I am simply more comfortable with full size handguns.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, I don't think I would have done anything different. I just keep adding to the collection. I do try to shot them all regularly on a bi-weekly time frame.

John

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I don't thing I would do anything differently, except get a Glock 22 sooner. The next one will be a 26.
Great thread. Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
I started out with a 21sf and added an Advantage Arms 22 conversion kit to it. Next I bought a 27 to carry. I added a 40-9 conversion barrel & mags & then bought a 357sig conversion barrel. I think I would do the same thing over if I had the chance to do it again. Next thing I do is buy a 10mm barrel & extractor for the 21sf so I can shoot 10mm. That would give me the ability to shoot 22LR, 9mm, 357sig, 40S&W, 45acp & 10mm out of 2 Glocks. Not too shabby!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
I would probably do things exactly the same again... My first purchase was a Glock 17... My next is to be a G19 followed by a G34 or possibly a G35...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would have bought a Glock 19 and Glock 26 for the first purchase.

·
Registered
16 Posts
24, 21, 23, 21, 22, 22, 21.....two being gifts. I had been shooting pistols for 40 years at the time I picked up my first Glock, so, no, I would not go back and do things any differently.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
My first GLOCK (first handgun) was a Gen2 LEO trade-in G22. I followed that with a G26 about 10 years later. I don't recall what followed that but suspect it was a G19. Since then I have tried most all models and have settled on all 9mm models. I currently am only missing a G17. I might eventually pick one up but am not in a hurry. Like jlweems I shoot the G19 and G34 better.

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
You shoot the 19 better because you don't have a 17... :)

I like the 9mm Glocks, too...

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
Then I'm curious why he would shoot a 19 better than a 17?

The 17 seems to have all the mechanical advantages... longer barrel... bigger grip (fits hand better)... better sight radius...

I can understand shooting a 34 better...

·
None
1,525 Posts
Then I'm curious why he would shoot a 19 better than a 17?

The 17 seems to have all the mechanical advantages... longer barrel... bigger grip (fits hand better)... better sight radius...

I can understand shooting a 34 better...
Not just him. I shoot my 19 better than I do my 17. I also shoot my 38 better than I do my 37.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really love my second gen 17, but if I had a mulligan I would have bought a 21sf or a 36. I do love my .45 ACP and I don't currently own one.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts