Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are a regular and read some of my posts you may know I am seperated, a little shy of 2 years now. The most cherished thing in life now is spending quality time with my two little angels. My two girls, 11 1/2 and 6. I get them every other Wednesday and the following weekend taking them back to their mother at 6:00 Monday evening. This weekend we managed to take a trip to Atlantic beach. Its the first time we have been since their mother and I parted ways. Most of the time we just hang around the house because I just can't afford to do much of anything with the payments I make to the ex every month. My dad has a heart condition and is on medication that prevents him from spending a lot of time in direct sunlight so I don't have anyone that can go with me to help watch the girls or valuables while on the beach. So anyway, I asked the wife (technically we are still married since she hasn't filed for divorce yet) if she would go with us to help watch the girls. To my suprise she agreed without much thought. We landed on the sand around 11:00 am at Fort Macon NC. We played in the sand and surf for hours and we packed it up and headed home around 7:00pm. It was a great day, and the wife and I managed to have civil dealings with each other in person for longer than we have since splitting up. Sunday the girls and I went out for a little tax free school shopping during our tax free weekend and even though I didn't really spend a lot the girls had a ball. Today we went to the park and hung out and had the whole place to ourselves. We stopped for pizza which is their favorite, and I got brownie points for that. I did manage to squeaze in a little target practice with my air rifle this morning prior to them getting up just to keep the testosterone level in check. It was a great weekend for me, so I thought I would share it with everyone. Even in my less than stellar life experiences, the good times like this weekend make the hard times seem insignificant.

Be thankful for the little things in life, they are bigger than you know until you lose them.

Chris

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Chris, good for you and thanks for sharing something very personal with us. Sometimes kids have a way of keeping us grounded and looking past the petty things in life. I know it isn't easy but those girls will cherish these times with dad and the smiles they shared. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Sounds like a good time. Glad you had fun with your children

·
Registered
361 Posts
Chris, Thanks for sharing your personal side. You are right, we all must keep our priorities straight. The most important things are our health and family. Everything else is either frosting on the cake or will take care of itself. You are good man.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Good on ya, Dad! Thanks for sharing. Cherish them and it will benefit both you and them for life!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Chris,
How WONDERFUL, being a Daddy suits you Sir as shown in your postings. Glad that you had quality time with the almost Ex and know that the civility was noticed by your daughters for sure :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Chris. I went through that many, many years ago and know exactly what you feel brother.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Stay the course TW. You have to think long term and not let things get in the way of the goal. When things are not going well take a deep breath and say a little prayer. Then move forward. You'll make it.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stay the course TW. You have to think long term and not let things get in the way of the goal. When things are not going well take a deep breath and say a little prayer. Then move forward. You'll make it.
Thanks Denny, life is good with all things considering. I take the good with the bad and I don't fret over what I can't control.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Totally awesome! It sounds like you are definitely on the right track. The fact that your wife remains "undecided" is a good thing. Now, it takes a strong man to "make peace". It's always easier to make war......... Please consider the value of the Bible's counsel here and what you have to gain or lose in the balance. Your thread has "made my day"........

Keep us informed on your positive progress, you are in the thoughts and prayers of your friends.

Regards,

Spectre

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.