Votes: 17 100.0%
  • Hate the 27? wish you wouldn't of bought it

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm in a place right now that I hate. One day or time I think I'll get a Glock 23 then I change my mind to a glock 27. Then I think of getting either a XD .40 cal in a 4" barrel or the sub compact version. I feel like a woman at the shoe store. I really hate being on the fence on what to buy. I'm looking for a carry gun and a gun to go out and shoot. Have what my family calls a mad moment and shoot stuff up. I have and shoot a snub nose revolver well. So I don't think the short grip will be that big of a issue, maybe it will. So please tell me if you have one and like it or have one and hate it. Thank you very much

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I had a 23 and a 27... actually, my avatar is my 27 i think! While I liked the Glocks I had in .40, I liked the 45ACP ones much better. Why not buy one now and then the other in a couple months with 'other money' :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the same dilemma. I chose to get both the 27 and 23. The compact 23 is easier to conceal than an XD. The capacity and function make it fun to shoot. Availability of Ammo is another plus-coupled with a high capacity. On paper the 27 is not much smaller but the sum of size advantages make it a joy to carry concealed. I have Meprolight night sights which make low light shooting a breeze. Either gun will serve you well.

Just decide what you will use it for and be happy with that decision. Buyers remorse is a costly mistake. Rent them and see what suits you. Also take great consideration in which holster will fit your lifestyle.

What you carry and how you carry it should be chosen concurrently. You may find smaller semi autos may work better in the whole scheme f things.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have G27 and G23. Common ammo, the 23 high cap mags fit with the sleeves they now have available in the G27. Of course, I have a couple of others to include an extra barrel for my G23 in .357 Sig. But I really like the G30s best of all. Big bullet, and not much noticeable recoil. But like you, I can't choose, so.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
norco55 said:
both carry and a plinker
For carry, definitely get a 27. It's easy to conceal and the shorter barrel and shorter grip make a difference. It is four short of the 23 by capacity. However, if you wanted something bigger you can with the 27 (grip and magazine). You cannot go smaller if you have a 23....

BUT I would recommend shopping for a gun and holster together and see what works out best for you.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have had two different 27's, sold them both. Would like to someday have another but I like the 26 just fine. (ammo is cheaper and can shoot it more)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had two different 27's, sold them both. Would like to someday have another but I like the 26 just fine. (ammo is cheaper and can shoot it more)
26 is cheaper to shoot and will punch holes in paper, but for putting holes in other things, I go for the .40, and just pay a little more for the practice. But then again, I have been shooting for over 50 years, and don't practice much, just shoot a mag or 2 for what ever weapons I take to the country to stay proficient! But well placed shots are good no matter what the caliber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I couldn't decide between the two so I went with the 23. Then went back a week later a traded some old guns for a used 27. So know I am just waiting for my ccw to come in the mail like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the G22 and the G27, I had the G23 but for me the recoil was harsher on the G23 than on the G27. I assume it was because of the dual recoil spring on the G27. I traded my 23 for a G31 which I love. Recoil is subjective and others do just fine with the G23 and maybe I didnt give it enough time or try different recoil springs, but the G27 fits me fine and so i traded the 23.

The 27 is very easy to conceal and I shoot it better than I did the 23. Very subjective I know. That is what works for me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Go to a range and shoot them all. See what fits you the best, and what you can hit with the best. I use to carry a compact XD 9mm. Wanted to step up to a larger round. Ballistics lead me to the .40. For me it came down to the G27 and the XD sub compact. Both GREAT guns. The G27 had a shorter grip...and since thats the biggest concealing issue for me...I went with the G27. Another great gun for carry is the Walther PPS...very very slim! Can't go wrong with any of those three if you ask me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a Gen 4 27 for carry after going to a range and trying out the 26 & 27 in a gen 3. Some people complain of the 27 being "snappy". I figure that's what you get with more power in a small package. The amount of recoil is not an issue for me as I am strong in the wrist and forearms from the nature of my profession ( I work at a refinery and open and close valves all the time). When I am at the range and pop off a quick mag, everything stays together like it should.

I did buy a LWD 9mm conversion barrel and 26 mag just because the gun is made to be able to adapt. Probably will have a 357 sig barrel before I'm done accessorizing it. I also have Meprolight night sights on the way to put on it. I really don't have a good reason why though. No question, it will be carried as a .40.

All I know is I better like it the way I'm spending $$ on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have one. I like it. I shoot it better than my 23, which was my 1st Glock. I'm getting better with the 23, though.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You can't go wrong with either one. I have both, the G23 and G27. The G27 is a little snappy but I love it. The G23 is a little smoother. I like to think of them as a Pitbull (G27) and a German Sheppard (G23); both will take a chunk out of some A$$.

·
Registered
432 Posts
LOL. I didnt notice the date, maybe he can tell us his decision and how he likes it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I got a G23 for my first. Fits my hands perfect, but being 5'11" 160lbs it doesn't conceal so well without a baggy shirt or jacket. So I bought the G27. I can conceal it very well and I can even cargo pocket carry it. I'm glad to have both.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.