Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brown Air gun Trigger Wood Wood stain Brown Air gun Trigger Wood Wood stain The are two of my five 1911's.My 1911 RIA Cal. .45 ACP.
My SA Model 1911-A1 Cal. .45 Auto

I don't know why it show four pistols.

Reactions: 4DarkMatter

·
Registered
234 Posts
At some point I had 12, I believe I am down to 9.

One is in my EDC rotation.

There is a 1911 support group on here but no one, other than me has posted in a few years.

I have posted 2 pictures there. One I'd an ed brown 1911 SF carry and the other is a volkmann 1911 carry.

This is the ed brown in my EDC rotation.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
none. Only 1911 I want is a nostalgic piece that hopefully the CMP will be selling.....carried a few Colt 1911's in the service and would'nt mind having one or two of those. Otherwise, handguns for me will be Glocks or a few more revolvers in Smith, Colt and possibly Ruger.

·
Registered
234 Posts
none. Only 1911 I want is a nostalgic piece that hopefully the CMP will be selling.....carried a few Colt 1911's in the service and would'nt mind having one or two of those. Otherwise, handguns for me will be Glocks or a few more revolvers in Smith, Colt and possibly Ruger.
Not sure will ever own one then as it seems the CMP won't be getting them. I think I read somewhere how Sen John McCain wants them melted down. Not sure where it is.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
ditto

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
I have one 1911 that I shoot in SingleStack... also have two 2011's that I shoot in Limited...

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure will ever own one then as it seems the CMP won't be getting them. I think I read somewhere how Sen John McCain wants them melted down. Not sure where it is.
When they caught Saddam Hussein hiding in his hole in the ground, he was carrying a G18. They gave that gun to George W. Bush. He had it in the Oval Office. I wonder where that one ended up? I know for sure he does not have Class III although the Commander-in-Chief is probably exempt becasue I know he took that bad boy out for a spin!

Reactions: 4DarkMatter

·
Registered
234 Posts
When they caught Saddam Hussein hiding in his hole in the ground, he was carrying a G18. They gave that gun to George W. Bush. He had it in the Oval Office. I wonder where that one ended up? I know for sure he does not have Class III although the Commander-in-Chief is probably exempt becasue I know he took that bad boy out for a spin!
Current administration probably included it in the Fast & furious guns sold to the cartel.

Wait, didn't el chapo get a g18 from the US govt

·
Registered
89 Posts
One. It is a Sistema Colt 1911 I believe from 1949.

·
Super Moderator
3,103 Posts
Been thinking I should add a 1911 at somepoint. Have been thinking about a Springfield RO. Started looking around for the first time this last weekend online and at the show. I was surprised to find very few Springfields (any model).

Is there something about Springfield I'm missing? My take was they were solid quality, especially for the price. Is there a reason they're lacking in popularity?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Colt Gov't .45ACP
Colt 3" Defender .45ACP
Para Hawg 9 3" DblStack 9mm
SIG P938 9mm
SIG P238 .380

Also have a couple STAR Super Bs and a PD that were based off the 1911 so very similar in look and feel although the function is a bit different.

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
Been thinking I should add a 1911 at somepoint. Have been thinking about a Springfield RO. Started looking around for the first time this last weekend online and at the show. I was surprised to find very few Springfields (any model).

Is there something about Springfield I'm missing? My take was they were solid quality, especially for the price. Is there a reason they're lacking in popularity?

I have a 9mm stainless Springfield RO that I shoot USPSA SingleStack Minor with... I like it... It shoots well... It has all the basics, but not many/any frills... That's why they're priced so reasonably... It's a good core gun, but not on the same lever as an STI Trojan, in my opinion...

I've made a lot of changes to mine... and I would have made a lot of changes to a Trojan, too... Just seems like STI builds a higher quality gun... of course it costs more, too...

·
Super Moderator
3,103 Posts
Thanks jb. Would you choose it again? When you say changes anything major (cost)?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts