Glock Pro Forums banner

How is the ammo supply in your areas?

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  GRU7_Mech_ret 
#1 ·
I was able to score three boxes of 9mm Luger Fiocci on Friday...at freaking 24 dollars a box! I have quite a bit now, but always pick more up when I see it, especially seeing as though I shot up 60 rounds of my stock this morning. The G26 and G42 got to stay home today, so I took out the SCCY CPX-2 and my Beretta 92FS.

Ammo is still pretty scarce in my neck of the woods in Indiana, but at times I am like the blind hog who finds the strawberry. So, how are the rest of you out there doing, when it comes to various calibers?

#3 ·
What gets my goat is the online vendors offering a 1000/1200 round wooden case of surplus for over 600 dollars, inna past life when gun shows were fun and deals abounded, I picked up several cases/calibers for 75.00 a case ...

I roll my own 9mm, could not tell you what the in store price is, if they have any, that is.

Reactions: glocktoter
#5 ·
Bullets are available, but very expensive... Specific powders are impossible to find... Primers seem to be non existent... Unfortunately it seems like things will get worse before they get better.

#6 ·
Freedom Munitions 115gr reman is $.50 / rd (used to be .17) but still, good to see downward movement.

I haven’t bought from them since new ownership took over but I would expect the same quality as they’re still making on the same equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 · (Edited)
Spotty but starting to pick up but too pricey. 70 cents a round is the cheapest I've seen. Just glad I found some bullets for reloading.

Gaz

#8 ·
These local stores are hoarding, then selling pretty much when a person buys a gun. A friend of mine works, part time, and one of them, and he was telling me the owner is holding onto all the ammo for now...does not want to put hardly anything on the shelves, even at high prices, until things level out.

The gun industry/dealers/consumers seem to do it to themselves. If you think about it, if nobody went into panic mode, just bought what they normally did and shot as normal, nothing much would have changed.

At least we have toilet paper now. ;)

#13 ·
CCI small pistol primers, when found are between $200 - 300 per 1000/box. Only have 5000 left.

Gaz

#14 ·
CCI small pistol primers, when found are between $200 - 300 per 1000/box. Only have 5000 left.

Gaz
That's expensive for sure, but I've seen worst... Much worse...

Not sure if we'll ever get back to the good old days...

#15 ·
If you all remember when Clinton was in the drivers seat primers became scarce and when found they were limited quantities and expensive.

I am a good boy scout, (always be prepared), and have plenty of reloading supplies for now.

#17 ·
I have several 5000 count boxes of primers, along with many 1000 sleeves.

A 5000 sleeve was priced at about 20/25 bucks when I bought them !

#18 ·
Yes that was my point. A 10 fold increase is gouging imo.

Gaz

#21 ·
Would you guys be interested in internet sales ?

I get lots of email flyers and scroll through them and post up the best buys at another site I belong to, it would be easy to include this site when making the postings.

Reactions: Carlossmccomb
#26 ·
Reload, reload I'm so glad I reload!

Gaz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.