Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a slight shortage of ammunition for a while now.. That we are just coming out of.

I was wondering how do you store ammo?

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I like MTM cases. I keep a separate case color of case for each different caliber. Keep my ammo stored in a cabinet in a cool spot in my house. Reload whenever I have time.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I typlically have my ammo stored in my closet on a shelf, divided up by caliber. I had some Wolf .223 that was kept in the garage for a few years and then in my closet, the ammo is 4 years old and I had a few failure to loads at the range recently, but it's old and cheap and didn't damage my Bushmaster, thank God. I remember 4 years ago when I ordered it from Sportsmansguide.com, it was $96.00 for 1000 rounds, miss those days.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I just have big metal shelves that I sort it out by calber and put it on. Nothing to fancy

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
What caliber do you reload?
I have been reloading since I was 10, which makes it 16 years of experience for me now. My dad started me out, and at the time I was starting to shoot his 6" barreled .41Mag Bisley BlackHawk, he would tell me that If I wanted to shoot it, that I had to load for it and thats how I got started.

Currently I load for my weapons, Pistol .38Spc, .357Mag, .41Mag, .45LC, .40S&W, .45ACP Rifle .223Rem, .250Savage Ackley Imp., .30-06Spr, .41Mag Shotgun 20 & 12 Gauge. I also reload for friends and family in what ever cal they want as long as they provide the dies and supplies. I run pistol ammo on a Dillon 550B and rifle cals on an RCBS Rock Chucker II. I use a Lee Load All for 20 gauge and a MEC for 12.

Use to reload 10MM Auto but I dont have a gun for that ammo any more, and I used to also reload .204Ruger, but the barrel got replaced with a .223 for light bullets. Also, Ive loaded some 9MM Luger and 9MM Makarov, 44Spc, .243Winchester and 7MM Rem Mag.

·
Registered
16 Posts
All my old cartridge boxes are gathering dust in storage; I've used Ziploc bags for 10 years. Convenient to use & write on, and you have pretty much complete protection from moisture, which boxes generally do not provide. It's all stored on shelves in the basement, which runs 55-65F year-round.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I generally keep a min of 500rds of carry ammo in each caliber on hand. What isn't loaded in mags is kept in the factory boxes inside my safe. I figure this ammo doesn't get shot that much so it might be stored for years so I want it climate controlled to the best of my ability.

Range/class ammo is stockpiled loose in the smaller, thin ammo cans. I can store more in a can (thus requiring less cans and taking up less shelf space) by having it loose. It is also easier/faster to load loose rounds than having to open/handle/dispose of boxes and inserts on the range. The ammo cans are stored on a metal shelf. I use paper sticky labels to label what's inside (e.g. 9mm 124gr factory FMJ, .45acp 230gr factory FMJ, 9mm 115gr re-loads, etc.). The labels can be removed fairly easily or a new one can simply be placed over the old one as the contents change.

Side note on ammo cans. I much prefer the smaller cans. The larger cans simply get too heavy when full. I'm getting older and my chiropractor would prob suggests I not tote those big cans around any more than I have to. I recently swapped all my larger ones out to smaller ones once and for all.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Stacked in factory boxes by caliber on top of a safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I only have 9mm and I keep most of it in the original boxes on a shelf in a locked cabinet. Mostly SD rounds and a few hundred rds of range ammo. I also have a sealed case, and a few loaded mags in there. i keep a couple of loaded mags handy, bedside drawer, book shelf, etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.