Glock Pro Forums banner

How accurate can Sub compacts be?

7K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Rowdie 
#1 ·
Just picked up a G27 last week. Between family stuff and deer hunting, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I understand that due to the short site radius, that accuracy may be somewhat limited, but what kind kind of groups can I expect if I do my part? My last compact was a Springfield ultra compact. At 10 yards, I was lucky to get 12-15" groups. On another note, just found out that my MIL has a G 19 that I will hopefully inherit some day. It does have finger grooves, but no rail. I think it it one of the early 2nd gens. Does it have any higher value than regular 2nd gen. models?
Thanks.

#3 ·
I haven't really shot them head to head that much, but my qualification scores with the baby Glocks are consistent with the scores I get with the larger models. However, my GSSF scores with the larger models is much faster than with the babies.

#5 ·
The sub compact Glocks are very accurate. If you do your part you will be amazed.

#6 ·
My 30 SF goes where I point it. Let me repeat that, It goes where "I" point it. Cloverleafing 5 shots at 7 yards is easier on the weapon than it is on me. At 15 yds, all inside a half dollar is what the weapon can esaily do. Me, on the other hand, gotta work on it. But hey, that's half the fun. Like sfguard said, they're accurate.

#9 ·
I want to get side by side comparison of my G26 VS G17L with the same ammo & same distances & same rate of fire etc..
I think most folks hold their sub compacts differently than they do the compacts or full sized & have to work a bit harder on sight picture, grip etc than they do with the longer guns..
Most people seem to think the sub compacts are as accurate or more so than the full size weapons..
I will have to say I'm really stoked about picking up my ANIB 1999 G26 & my 1990 G17L..

#13 ·
I finally had a chance to shoot the G27 this weekend. I was pleasantly supprised. Decent groups from about 15 yards. Nothing to write about though. Then I pulled out my Norinco 1911. At 15 yards, it was shooting about 12 inches low, and 8 inches left. Pretty bad. Its a full size too. Makes me feel better about getting the Glock now.

#14 ·
Great to hear. I too, am about the same way. Been shooting a G26 as of late, and turning in to a natural shooting for me. Have a few other's that no matter what i do, i always have a issue. Do to the fact as much as i really like the others, also even with some ajustment still not shooting as well as i should. Just me as i can hand it to someone else they too will shoot it different.

#15 ·
I have a G27 with night sights and I must says is DAMN accurate. I love it.... Beware of your fundamentals (trigger control, grip, stance) Because the barrel is so short it can easily get away from you but after a few rounds and keeping the basics in mind it's VERY accurate. Hop you love it.

#22 ·
Most all firearms are more accurate than the shooter!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.