Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some extra time today so I went to the range to get some practice in with a newer to me pistol. Granted it was cold, and windy but I am not the type to make excuses or accept them especially from myself. This was just flat out bad shooting. I can't hardly believe it still. It is bothering me so bad that I will have to go out again tomorrow and try to do better.

To give you all a idea of how bad it was going here is a picture. This is 100 rounds of Winchester factory 230 grain white box with ranges varied from 15 to 20 yards versus head area of IDPA target off handed. If I wasn't so disappointed I would be to embarrassed to post this crap up. All I know is I will be out there again tomorrow and if things don't improve I will sell the darn thing dirt cheap if I can't shoot it any better than this. Just look at this crap.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I think you are loosing it my friend, just go ahead and pass that 36 on to me and everything will be copasetic.

On a lighter note, that is some fine shooting. I don't think I could best you right now, I haven't been practicing as much lately.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know. Like I said if it don't get better I will just figure I can't shoot that gun for crap and out it goes.

I think you are loosing it my friend, just go ahead and pass that 36 on to me and everything will be copasetic.

On a lighter note, that is some fine shooting. I don't think I could best you right now, I haven't been practicing as much lately.
Dude, it wouldn't take much for someone to best that crap. I am currently telling myself that it was a combination of not being able to feel my fingers, and the wind. But like I said I don't make excuses so I have to go out again. Lucky for me it is supposed to be snowing tomorrow that will help I'm sure.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
I have a feeling that your worst day of shooting is better than my best day of shooting...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a feeling that your worst day of shooting is better than my best day of shooting...
I don't know about all that but I am seriously hoping things are better tomorrow

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'm with jb on this one. that's some great shooting already. makes me wanna take down my avatar. not to mince things too much but isn't that a USPSA / IPSC target?

best of luck for tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, your right. It is. I don't know what I was thinking. I told you I am distraught about this

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks kinda boring to me. Next time, try to give him eyes and a happy face smile, or some earrings. Better yet, fashion your shots so the face ends up looking like Lincoln or Washington.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
goofball. lol.
You don't understand, I am completely serious. At 15-20 yards I should not have placed any of them outside of the A box and they should all be a least touching one another. Obviously they aren't though. I am not happy with this poor performance on my part

·
Registered
443 Posts
You don't understand, I am completely serious. At 15-20 yards I should not have placed any of them outside of the A box and they should all be a least touching one another. Obviously they aren't though. I am not happy with this poor performance on my part
TomAtoes, Tamatos..... I doubt that a human target would notice.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you are missing my point

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
No, I'm just giving you a hard time. I think it's dang fine shootin' but also understand that you aren't didn't shoot at the level you feel you should have. For years and years all I practiced was getting combat effective hits on center mass. It's coming back to bite me now that I'm trying to be more precise. JL says I need a bucket every time I shoot due to the low left shots. But hey, I'm working on it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For me with something like a compact Glock at that range I can normally pretty much cover up the hole with a half dollar with no drops. I am aggravated about it. I will head out again later this afternoon and try it out again. I will take some gloves with me this time and get rid of any excuse I might have.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Looks kinda boring to me. Next time, try to give him eyes and a happy face smile, or some earrings. Better yet, fashion your shots so the face ends up looking like Lincoln or Washington.
Cracked me up when I read this, +1. LMAO!

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I somehow missed this until Boomer pointed it out. I cracked up thanks for the chuckle. Well, I went out again before picking up my daughter from school. Results were better. So, I guess I can stop whinning about it anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your Horrible day at the range, is better than my/your best at work. I agree 2nd range trip is in order. Kidding
Couldn't agree more

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.