Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago, I bought a bottle of this stuff at Wally World, for it was all they had. Now, I have a ton of cleaning supplies for the guns, but am always getting another batch...just because.

This stuff was twice the price of the standard #9, and I can say that I don't much care for it. It leaves a weird "sticky" feeling on the gun's surfaces, and it does not have that splendid Hoppes #9 smell. I have been using it to clean magazines, and it does clean well, but you just can't beat the one hundred year old original.

Has anyone else tried this version, and if so, what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
6,948 Posts
I've tried many different cleaning solutions, but always end up going back to the standard Hoppe's #9... It just works the best for me... I buy it in 32oz bottles from Amazon.

Never tried the synthetic version...

Reactions: glocktoter

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried many different cleaning solutions, but always end up going back to the standard Hoppe's #9... It just works the best for me... I buy it in 32oz bottles from Amazon.

Never tried the synthetic version...
Well, like I said, your not missing much. Funny how all this surge in "going green" is producing crappy products that can't replace the "tried and true", and they are usually more expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts