Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forum and I am just wondering if anyone out there makes their own kydex holsters? I have recently started to after having trouble trying to find a good off duty holster for my G35 w/ SurefireX300. After making a couple of holsters I am hooked and just looking for advice from anyone that has the same interest. Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Very cool that you make you're own. I'm just waiting for JL to hurry up and get good at it and I will beg him for one. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+1 for www.knifekits.com I get all my stuff there. Shipping is fast. I just finished a Raven Concealment knock off and enjoy it. If my wife would let, I would wear it to bed. I will try and post some pictures soon.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
+1 for www.knifekits.com I get all my stuff there. Shipping is fast. I just finished a Raven Concealment knock off and enjoy it. If my wife would let, I would wear it to bed. I will try and post some pictures soon.
Yes please do. We have a resident holster expert here on the forum. WE always like to see new stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Very nice. What light is that? It looks good and your attachments allow for adjust in cant and height. These types of kydex holsters have really grown on me recently, thanks to JL and Volgrad. I used to be a leather guy, typically IWB and now I almost always wear OWB in one of these.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The hard part is making a retention holster. It's easy to make a standard IWB or make something like the Raven Concealment Systems Phantom holster.

However, you can get a Safariland ALS (6377 or 6378) from opticsplanet.net for a very reasonable price. I bought mine for $29 shipped.

Sources:

chicagoscrews.com
knifekits.com
kydex.com (there are many different types of kydex...look around)

Safariland 6377:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-model-6377-selection.html

Safariland 6378 Paddle holster:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-model-6378-selection.html

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice. What light is that? It looks good and your attachments allow for adjust in cant and height. These types of kydex holsters have really grown on me recently, thanks to JL and Volgrad. I used to be a leather guy, typically IWB and now I almost always wear OWB in one of these.
The light is a Surefire X300.

As for buying a affordable holster, I had trouble finding one for my G35 w/ light so figured I'd try and make one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are some pics of my first holsters that I made a month or so ago. Not too sure why, but i thought i'd include a picture of my homemade press.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Very nice. I commend any of you guys that try it yourself. Good for you.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum and I am just wondering if anyone out there makes their own kydex holsters? I have recently started to after having trouble trying to find a good off duty holster for my G35 w/ SurefireX300. After making a couple of holsters I am hooked and just looking for advice from anyone that has the same interest. Thank you
I feel your pain my friend, I have been wanting a nice Kydex holster to use for my G23 w/ TLR-2. Your holsters look nice, good job.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I feel your pain my friend, I have been wanting a nice Kydex holster to use for my G23 w/ TLR-2. Your holsters look nice, good job.
I have a suggestion of you want a good kydex holster. PM me if you do.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.