Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Fobus roto paddle holster for my 26. A lefty version because im left handed...makes sense. I do like it but not sure if i like it anymore than my Glock combat holster. That cheap plastic one from glock just puts it so freaking close to the body its awesome and hard to beat. I dont know why i keep trying to get something better. One advantage with the Fobus is that its adjustable and can put it in many positions but i dont think i will cant it forward or backward any anyways. Does anybody else like the $15 Glock combat holster but have a hard time settling on this thing? Or am i the only one that keeps wasting money? lol by the way this is my 4th holster for this thing and the Glock combat was the 1st one i got!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too am left-handed and have a new G26. I bought the Fobus roto paddle holster and did not like it at all. It was my first
holster for my G26. Funny, I've been looking at the Glock Sport/Combat holster and almost bought it a couple times.
Looks like we both may get to the same holster going opposite ways.
Does the Glock S/C hold the gun tight enough? Any problems with it?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Fobus holsters have been known to separate at the point where the two pieces of plastic are riveted together.

Look on here for the thread where the Blackhawk is discussed. Great USA company but the button "can possibly" get stuck and won't allow you to get your firearm out. That's not something I want to chance.

Comp-Tac holsters are great. IWB, OWB, and they have one of the best Paddle holster ever made. Raven for the newer style two piece kydex, but long wait. PSHolster offers great two piece holsters as well with shorter time frames and slightly cheaper cost.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RTB thats funny. I do think that you would like the sport/combat holster. Another reason why i like it is that it carries my 26 very high. I can sit down and it doesnt dig into my leg or thigh like alot of them do. Ive never tried a IWB crossbreed. They few IWB that ive tried are all comfortable to me standing up but when i sit down it bugs thr crap out of me! Does the crossbreed carry the gun high or low? All of the companies that brag about carring the pistol low so that just the top part of it sticks out does nothing for me! I cant sit lol. Oh and by the way RTB the sport/combat retains the gun very good. It tightens around the trigger guard.

·
Registered
108 Posts
RTB thats funny. I do think that you would like the sport/combat holster. Another reason why i like it is that it carries my 26 very high. I can sit down and it doesnt dig into my leg or thigh like alot of them do. Ive never tried a IWB crossbreed. They few IWB that ive tried are all comfortable to me standing up but when i sit down it bugs thr crap out of me! Does the crossbreed carry the gun high or low? All of the companies that brag about carring the pistol low so that just the top part of it sticks out does nothing for me! I cant sit lol. Oh and by the way RTB the sport/combat retains the gun very good. It tightens around the trigger guard.
The Crossbreed is ajustable, it has four different positions so that you can carry it higher or lower depending on preference. I bought the crossbreed about 6 months ago and love it! I have worn my G26 for 10 hours straight and I was very comfortable the whole time. There were moments where I forgot I was carrying lol I have two other holsters for my G26 and I haven't used them/ looked at them since...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thank you EBUTTS for the review of the GLOCK holster. I have been looking for a good holster that I don't have to spend $60+ on. I would like to eventually get a Crossbreed but at this point I can not spend that kind of money on a holster. If the GLOCK holster has good retention I may just go with that. Thanks again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thats great to hear about the Crossbreed! That will be my next purchase then. Ill get that for IWB and use the factory glock sport/combat for OWB. I cant wait to try it. Thx dan!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your welcome. Now be sure to give it a chance,lol,when you first get it you are going to say to yourself "what the heck is this". It has a very good retention NetTech. Im offically done with trying to find another OWB. Goodluck

·
Registered
487 Posts
I had also wondered about the Glock sport holster and was about to buy one, but I saw an ad on GT where this guy was making kydex holsters and mag pouches...Coachg. Anyway, he had a dropped offset holster and I had been wanting to try one, so I bought it instead. Still waiting for it to arrive.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Don Hume makes pretty decent holsters for the price but one thing you will have to watch out for it the mouth closing once the leather gets worn in. It will make re-holstering one handed more difficult.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Factor - Check out this video. :)

LOL Thanks for the vid and Yes i've heard of that many years ago and i've been wearing mine for years in and out of the holster on a daily basis and qualify with it 2 times a year and I know probably 10 to 12 guys that wear them daily with no issues .So the weight of the video has little bearing on how I feel based on my own personal Experience and those I know who use them daily . I do appreciate you taking the time to post it and I mean no disrespect except maybe to the owner who probably neglected it and or possibly over tightened the adjustment screw or dragged it threw the dirt . I wouldn't reccomend the holster in that kind of environment as far as dusty dirty conditions just as a precaution but for daily street use its great and as long as its being well maintained "I clean mine when ever I clean my gun " with polymer safe gun spray . I know you had good intentions by posting it and I Thank You .

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Yes Sir! I meant no disrespect by posting the video. That just seems VERY scary to me and I want to make sure that people that choose to wear that type of holster at least get a chance to see that it is a possibility that it could happen. I wish it wasn't the case. Blackhawk being an American company and all, I'd like to give them my business but I just don't feel comfortable wearing something like that.

I used to own Fobus gear too but I now know more about those and won't buy them either.

Be safe out there!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.